Assistant Financial Controller (12 Month FTC - Maternity Cover)
Based: Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Working model: Hybrid
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, Europe, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, Two Point Studios and Rovio Entertainment.
As Assistant Financial Controller, you will have a wide-ranging role that covers all of SEGA Europe’s UK entities and areas of both financial and management accounting together, providing key direct support to the senior members of the Finance team. You will play a vital role in the smooth running of the month end processes and will have the opportunity to recommend and implement process and efficiency improvements to the business, together with the Financial Controller. You will have involvement across our P&L and balance sheet and will also have direct line management responsibility for one Assistant Accountant.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, and much more!
You are a qualified accountant with significant experience working in private practice and within an in-house finance function. You have excellent technical accounting skills and in-depth knowledge of statutory accounting, reconciliation, and audit. Essentially, you have experience working with multiple UK entities and thrive working within a dynamic finance team, whilst also partnering with multiple teams across different specialisms.
- Close involvement in the preparation of the Annual Statutory Accounts for the UK Entities.
- Full responsibility of the group intercompany reconciliation and reporting processes.
- Oversight of intercompany recharges being actioned by Assistant Accountant.
- Oversight and review, together with the UK Financial Controller, of the full balance sheet for UK Entities.
- Preparation and submission of Group Reporting (SSHD) Packs for the UK Entities.
- Oversight of the monthly UK Marketing spend and forecast (Getsuji), ensuring recognition of the costs are following the applicable accounting standards.
- Review and signing of the monthly bank reconciliations prepared by the Assistant Accountant.
- Close involvement in both the yearend group audit and the statutory accounts audit process.
- Preparation of the annual tax packs for the UK Entities.
- Oversight and involvement in the preparation of the National Statistics submissions/other annual ad-hoc compliance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Significant post-qualification experience.
- Prior audit/practice experience is preferred.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Extensive experience with month end, management accounts and financial reporting.
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- Excellent technical accounting skills and knowledge across the full P&L and balance sheet.
- Experience with CaseWare and/or equivalent accounts preparation software.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).