Project Accountants Ltd is a Jersey-based accounting and audit support services provider. Our mission is to remap the delivery of professional services through increased resource availability, innovation, and global outreach. We specialise in providing a bespoke service to our clients.
Associate Manager – Accounting Services
- Prepare/review annual and interim financial statements in accordance with accounting standards − IFRS, UK GAAP or generally accepted accounting standards. Technical understanding of a variety of accounting standards, particularly IFRS and UK GAAP. Undertake review role for work completed by others within the team. Prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts in agreed formats with the clients. Prepare financial information for inclusion in board packs where required. Prepare ad‐hoc financial reports as required, which could include cash projections, budgets, etc. Prepare technical papers on accounting treatments and interpretation of new standards.
Knowledge and experience
- Qualified accountant and member of a professional accounting body (ACCA or ICAEW). Extensive technical accounting experience. Experience in month-end close processes preferable. Extensive experience in working with Excel. Experience in the financial services sector is essential.
Competencies, Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent attention to detail, delivering work of a high standard.
- Effective communication skills.
- Sharp analytical skills and a strong commercial awareness.
- Proactive, solution-focused with proven analytical and problem‐solving abilities.
- Team oriented with a flexible approach.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- Integrity, honesty, and professionalism.
- Able to structure work logically and efficiently and executes accordingly in a high-pressure environment.
- Be proficient in Ms Excel and other Office 365 applications.
- Able to give guidance and assistance to other members of the team.