Your new company
You will work for a leading organisation in its sector. The Senior Accounts Assistant role is a full time and permanent opportunity, based in Maidstone, Kent.
Your new role
- Manage and run all aspects of monthly company payroll and pension scheme
- Manage and process all outgoing payments including ad hoc requests
- Manage all payment runs for suppliers and subcontractors to deadlines
- Approve and process subcontractor invoices
- Perform regular bank reconciliations
- Pay all utility bills in a timely manner
- Process clocking in data and timesheets to build timesheets for each hourly paid employee. Self-manage the clocking in systems and resolve any arising issues.
- Produce sales invoices for clients and monitor accounts receivable
- Monitor accounts payable ensuring all supplier accounts are balanced and up to date
- Monitor accounts shared email box and respond to all incoming email/ telephone queries
- Record all holiday and absences
- Administration of all HR related documents - employment contracts, offer letters, disciplinaries.
- Liaise with all employees and respond to any employment/ personal queries
- Submission of CIS returns in a timely manner
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT return
- Petty cash management
- Using purchase order system.
- Working with auditors at company year end
- Work closely with Accounts Administrator to ensure all payment deadlines are met
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Experience within a similar role
- Experience of SAGE
- Strong MS Office experience
- Ideally have knowledge of CIS
- Ideally have, or be working towards, a professional accountancy qualification (AAT / ACCA / CIMA)
What you\'ll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (DOE).
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.