About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious qualified or part qualified accountant to join our expanding Accountancy team.
Our Accountancy team work with exciting small to medium enterprises(SMEs), with turnovers up to £10m and sometimes more, you will get to build long standing relationships with your clients and will actively contribute towards the success of their businesses.
You will have the opportunity to work across a range of disciplines including management accounting and strategic advice, financial reporting under both UK and international reporting standards and tax compliance and advisory.
We are a fast growing and ambitious firm who constantly challenge and enable our people to develop. You will work closely with senior members of the Accountancy team, have access to our training and mentoring programmes and can take part in our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Business Development activities, all advancing your overall career progression.
Full study support will be offered if required.
- Preparing management and financial accounts
- Producing VAT and corporation tax returns
- Identifying and delivering advisory services to benefit your clients. This may include areas such as; financial modelling and costing projects, outsourced Financial Controller roles, cloud accounting and systems support, technical reports, and corporate and personal tax planning
- Participating in business development activities
- Coaching and developing junior members of the team
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or Part Qualified (or equivalent)
- Accounts preparation experience gained from within a fast-paced accountancy practice environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
Why Bishop Fleming?!
Bishop Fleming is an independent leading provider of audit, accountancy, tax, and advisory services in the UK. With a turnover of £38.4m, the firm saw growth of 15.5% per cent over the last 12 months.
From owner-managed businesses, SMEs, and large businesses; to entrepreneurs and private individuals; Bishop Fleming has a wealth of knowledge and experience in areas such as internal and external audit, corporate and personal tax, corporate finance and deals and accounting services.
Bishop Fleming is currently ranked 33 in the Accountancy Age league table and is the number one provider of audit services multi-academy trusts in the academy sector. The firm was also ranked fifth in the inaugural UK Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index.
With 8 offices spanning from the West Midlands to the South West, the firm has 43 partners and nearly 500 staff, and is a certified Great Place to Work®.
Bishop Fleming is a member of Kreston Global, a global network of independent accounting firms in more than 100 countries.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies, and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why as a responsible business and member of Business in the Community (BITC), we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity, and inclusion at every level.