About the role
We are looking to recruit a talented Personal Tax Executive to join our expanding Bristol based Personal Tax/Private Client team.
This role will give you the opportunity to work with and advise a range of clients including high net worth individuals, private clients, business owners and directors.
This position can offer a clear progression path and will enable you to develop your tax knowledge further through the completion of interesting and diverse pieces of work.
You will need to be passionate about delivering an excellent service to your clients and will enjoy coaching and developing more junior team members into becoming competent tax professionals.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
Full study support (CTA, ACA, or ACCA) is available with this position if required.
Responsible for providing a comprehensive tax compliance service to a broad portfolio of clients, this role will allow you to build advisory experience whilst utilising the strong tax compliance experience you will have already gained.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Personal Tax compliance completion and reviews for a range of individuals, partnerships and trusts and estates
- Remuneration planning for company directors and shareholders including advising on benefits in kind
- Capital tax planning
- Property tax projects
- Inheritance tax reviews and reports
- Supporting Partners and Managers on delivery of tax advisory assignments and planning projects
- Wealth Management advice
There is scope to shape this role to the experience and motivations of the appointed candidate.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- The ATT or ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent). Being CTA qualified or part qualified, or looking to study towards the CTA qualification would be advantageous
- Tax compliance experience gained from within a mixed tax and/or personal tax environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
Why Bishop Fleming?!
Bishop Fleming is an independent leading provider of audit, accountancy, tax, and advisory services in the UK. With a turnover of £38.4m, the firm saw growth of 15.5% per cent over the last 12 months.
From owner-managed businesses, SMEs, and large businesses; to entrepreneurs and private individuals; Bishop Fleming has a wealth of knowledge and experience in areas such as internal and external audit, corporate and personal tax, corporate finance and deals and accounting services.
Bishop Fleming is currently ranked 33 in the Accountancy Age league table and is the number one provider of audit services multi-academy trusts in the academy sector. The firm was also ranked fifth in the inaugural UK Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index.
With 8 offices spanning from the West Midlands to the South West, the firm has 43 partners and nearly 500 staff, and is a certified Great Place to Work®.
Bishop Fleming is a member of Kreston Global, a global network of independent accounting firms in more than 100 countries.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.