About the role
We are looking for a Tax Partner to join our new Cheltenham office as we commence the next phase of our ambitious growth plans.
We’ve just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings – and we’re the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to nearly 40 partners and 500 people.
But we’re not stopping there. We’ve got ambitious plans to double the size of our business over the next few years. Core to this growth is the recent integration of another business to form a new Cheltenham office – strengthening our footprint in the South West and so we’re now looking to expand further in the Three Counties region.
We are keen to hear from talented accountants who have a proven track record of operating within Corporate Tax. The role would provide an opportunity to work with a variety of clients, including entrepreneurial private businesses, venture capital backed companies and corporate groups across a range of sectors, including fast growth, technology, and encompassing household names.
As a key member of our Cheltenham leadership team, you will play a significant role in the development of our client base across Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, and wider South-West region.
You will be a strategic thinker who can lead and develop teams and be seen to deliver a trusted advisor service to a wide range of clients.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to play a leading role in the development and growth of our practice and will be working with a supportive partner group who will support them to help grow the business.
What’s more, you will be part of a rapidly expanding Top 30 firm that values it people and offers a fantastic working environment.
Your role will combine key client service delivery, people management and business development responsibilities.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing and growing our Tax client base – including developing existing client relationships and winning new clients
- Playing a pivotal role in Business Development activities and looking to build/retain a good network of local and/or specialist contacts to contribute to our growth
- Contributing to People Management in our Tax teams – including recruiting team members, coaching our people and succession planning
To be considered for the role, you will need to be/have:
- Appropriately qualified with experience of working within Tax
- A strong business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the local business community
- Strong technical skills and experience
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills who can influence at all levels
- A strong People Manager who enjoys building and developing a team
- Keen to contribute to the overall success of Bishop Fleming
Why Bishop Fleming?!
Bishop Fleming is an independent leading provider of audit, accountancy, tax, and advisory services in the UK. With a turnover of £38.4m, the firm saw growth of 15.5% per cent over the last 12 months.
From owner-managed businesses, SMEs, and large businesses; to entrepreneurs and private individuals; Bishop Fleming has a wealth of knowledge and experience in areas such as internal and external audit, corporate and personal tax, corporate finance and deals and accounting services.
Bishop Fleming is currently ranked 33 in the Accountancy Age league table and is the number one provider of audit services multi-academy trusts in the academy sector. The firm was also ranked fifth in the inaugural UK Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index.
With 8 offices spanning from the West Midlands to the South West, the firm has 43 partners and nearly 500 staff, and is a certified Great Place to Work®.
Bishop Fleming is a member of Kreston Global, a global network of independent accounting firms in more than 100 countries.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development