Your new company
With an international presence, this business is set for growth in 2024. They are now looking for a strong technical accountant or first time mover from practice to join the team and report to their Financial Controller.
Your new role
In your new role, you will be responsible for providing financial reports and interpreting financial information to non-financial stakeholders while recommending areas for improvement. You will also be key in integrating acquired companies. Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly board pack and provide key variance analysis
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and financial reporting standards
- Analyse costs, revenue, variable contributions and key variance analysis for budgets and forecast
- Prepare consolidation accounts for the group
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Oversee the operations of the finance team of 2, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met
- Support the preparation of the company's budget
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained
- Work with various stakeholders across the business to manage spend and budgets
What you\'ll need to succeed
We are looking for an analytical accountant with strong technical skills. You should be able to manage and guide a small finance team and be motivated by the opportunity to work in a small business with the ability to affect change.
What you\'ll get in return
The client is offering a competitive salary with other benefits. They are based in Central Bristol in a prime location and the team have a great social scene.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.