In a nutshell
You may be looking for a step up into an Audit Manager position or want to make a lateral move - as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (2023) by Great Place to Work, our roles will enable you to excel in your career whilst enjoying a good work life balance!
Leading and developing a team of experienced audit professionals, whilst managing a diverse portfolio of clients and supporting the region's business development activity - this role will give you great job satisfaction and opportunities to further your career.
Our established Exeter Audit team have an excellent reputation for the work they do and are keen to grow their function with talented professionals.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Manage the audit teams, ensuring assignments are staffed appropriately
- Work closely with the client engagement Partner to co-ordinate both compliance and specialist services
- Act as the main point of contact for all client matters
- Assist with the coaching and development of audit staff
- Identify and raise business development opportunities with new and existing clients
- Support complex and often fast-moving projects
- Support group restructuring exercises, including client/ HMRC liaison, accounting entries and company secretarial work
- Liaise with consultants and technical Partners across the firm’s specialist services
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Post-qualification experience in audit and a good working knowledge of compliance, regulation and bespoke audit and accounts software
- Experience of working with charities and not-for-profit clients desirable (but not essential)
- Corporate tax awareness
- Previous experience of managing and developing people
Why work at PKF Francis Clark
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits
• Group life assurance - up to four times your core salary
• Group income protection
• Health cash plan to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare
Health & Wellbeing benefits:
• Option to buy 5 extra days holiday*
• Counselling and support for you and your immediate family
• Virtual GP for you and your immediate family
• Cycle to work*
• Medicash Extras providing you with shopping and gym discounts
• Bonuses for career and family milestones
• One volunteering day per year to support local organisations
• Emergency funding from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation
* These benefits are provided via a salary exchange and are subject to employee’s post exchange hourly rate remaining above the national minimum wage.