Your new company
Hays Accountancy & Finance are pleased to be supporting a leading global law firm in their search for a Part-Qualified or Qualified Accountant to join their Management Accounts team as well as playing a key role in advising and supporting the Senior Partners.
Your new role
In this newly created Management Accountant job you will be part of the wider finance team in producing detailed monthly management accounts for the firm, as well as being solely responsible for managing the financial reporting for a specific aspect of the business, which will involve analysing shares, capital, loans and investments. You will need to be confident with the production of reports and be able to use your analytical skills to produce cash flow forecasts and projected income. Your key duties will involve:
- Building close working relationships with the partners / fee earners and the wider management accounts team
- Involved in the production of monthly management accounts, forecasting and improving the reporting process
- Managing and improving accounting control & processes
- Producing detailed expenditure and income reports
- Managing accounting schedules
- Responsible for reporting on movements of shares and ensuring accurate financial data is being monitored correctly
- Extensive reconciliation of monthly charges to the general ledger
- Reviewing monthly invoices and posting journals
- Preparing annual profit statements and being involved in the production of income tax returns
- Posting of annual journals to support year-end close and statutory reporting
The business offers flexible hybrid working with 50% of your working week at home (2 days & 3 days rota) and the role can be based in Norwich or Cambridge. Therefore, they are flexible in your location provided you can commute to a local office.
What you will need to succeed
Ideally, you will be a Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) and have proven experience of producing detailed management accounts along with confident business-partnering skills as you will work closely with the partners / fee earners. It will be expected you will be an intermediate user of Excel and be able to present your reports to the Senior Management Team including the Senior Partners.
What you will get in return
The company offers a competitive benefit package including 33 days annual leave, a generous group pension scheme and an annual group bonus. They also offer enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay, income protection after 2-years service, life assurance and a salary range of £40,000 - £45,000, depending on experience.
As explained above, they offer flexible hybrid-working, and you can work at their Norwich or Cambridge office.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job is not quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.