In a nutshell
Did you know that our audit roles include preparing accounts and working with tax?
You may be a part qualified/finalist or qualified Audit professional who is looking to work with bigger corporate clients without sacrificing your work life balance! We are proud to be one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (2023) by Great Place to Work.
Our Exeter Audit team's breadth of experience and supportive culture will help you excel in your career.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Dealing with the completion of annual accounts and tax computations, for both incorporated and unincorporated businesses; plus occasionally UK holding companies of overseas subsidiaries.
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email.
- Providing varied administrative and business services for clients.
- Training and supporting junior members of the team.
- Part qualified or ACA /ACCA qualified.
- Previous audit experience and experience in accounts preparation for partnerships/ LLPs and limited companies.
- Experienced in using automated audit software and computer-based accounting and tax compilation programmes.
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients.
Why work at PKF Francis Clark
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits
• Group life assurance - up to four times your core salary
• Group income protection
• Health cash plan to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare
Health & Wellbeing benefits:
• Option to buy 5 extra days holiday*
• Counselling and support for you and your immediate family
• Virtual GP for you and your immediate family
• Cycle to work*
• Medicash Extras providing you with shopping and gym discounts
• Bonuses for career and family milestones
• One volunteering day per year to support local organisations
• Emergency funding from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation
* These benefits are provided via a salary exchange and are subject to employee’s post exchange hourly rate remaining above the national minimum wage.