- Finance Project Manager
- 6- 9 month contract role
- Bristol - £55,000
Purpose of the role:
To oversee the debt reduction project, co-ordinating people to ensure that set deadlines for tasks within the various work strands are met, maintaining the overall project plan to monitor progress and documenting processes and policies. Work with the management team to identify areas of improvement and actions to implement.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Own, document and maintain the overall project plan, identify and prioritise areas for improvement
- Set deadlines for actions with key stakeholders, communicate deadlines to relevant individuals, monitor progress of actions, taking steps to ensure deadlines are met, identify any potential blockers preventing achievement of deadlines, identify mitigating actions and escalate any risks.
- Co-ordinate finance and business colleagues to work collaboratively in achieving efficiency improvements in processes.
Ensure all processes and procedures are documented, signed off and cascaded as appropriate to relevant stakeholders
- Works with the appropriate managers to implement processes within the relevant teams / functions and monitor progress and compliance until in a BAU state.
- Ensure all stakeholders receive regular updates on the overall project plan, achievements to date, issues arising and future areas of focus
Key Technical / Knowledge:
- Experience of working in a Finance function in all areas such as operational, business partnering and financial management.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, able to confidently and effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- IT literate with strong skills in Microsoft as well as good knowledge of current accounting system technology.
- Highly organised, able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously, and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- The ability to monitor, analyse and interpret data in order to influence key decisions.
- Team oriented, flexible and enthusiastic with a positive and committed approach.
- Builds effective relationships and works collaboratively.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Charles Maidment from the Hays Senior Finance team in Bristol.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.