We are seeking a full-time Audit Manager to work predominantly from our Wakefield office and client sites, with some opportunity for home working. A small number of audits may require travel and overnight stays.
The Audit Manager will be responsible for overseeing the audit process from planning through to completion, whilst managing a team of upto 5 direct reports.
Working closely with the Head of Audit on departmental and firm-wide projects, our ideal candidate will have experience of managing client relationships and the full audit process. This client facing role demands a willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.
The Audit Manager is responsible for ensuring that audits are completed in compliance with regulations; and following standard audit procedures. Additionally, the Audit Manager will be responsible for maintaining effective communication with clients to ensure their needs are met, and supporting the tendering process and on-boarding of new business.
- Oversee audit assignments from start to finish, managing a team of up to 5 staff to meet reporting deadlines and client agreed deadlines.
- Prepare or review audit risk analysis specific to clients with reference to their activity in the year, the industry in which they operate, regulatory environments if applicable, and any other matters which may impact audit risk.
- Prepare or review preliminary analytical procedures on the draft accounts and identify how to test the various audit assertions. Review materiality and sample sizes calculated.
- Ensure that the planning section of Audit Automation reflects all planning considerations and discussions, and is appropriately signed off.
- Ensure that results and conclusions of audit work are documented and signed off.
- Review completed accounts and ensure compliance with all necessary disclosures as required by accounting standards, including completion of a disclosure checklist where considered necessary (most commonly under FRS 102).
- Review adjustments and unadjusted journals to be provided to the client at conclusion.
- Prepare to highlight key issues or matters identified during the accounting and audit process.
- Research accounting or tax issues as and when required, and document the research with references.
- Review current processes and provide recommendations to enhance client policies and procedures to be included in reports to management, and able to discuss these with the client.
- Ensure Audit Automation completion section has been fully completed and signed off.
- Liaise with tax department around the collection of information on tax-sensitive categories, and regarding a draft CT provision for the accounts.
- Liaise with Business Services department in relation to completion of accounts including reviewing the completed accounts and ensuring compliance with all necessary disclosures as required by accounting standards plus ensuring amendments are appropriately processed.
- Prepare or review consolidation workings where appropriate.
- Completion of internal and ad hoc processes as required including meetings, inductions, diary management, budget preparation and management, billing etc.
- Monitoring of departmental performance including client wins / losses, billing, forecasting, assignment recoveries.
- Involvement in client tendering processes including drafting and finalisation of proposal documents, introductory meetings and presentations.
- Liaising with group auditors and delivery of group reporting requirements where necessary.
- Management of audit staff including training and development of the team, recruitment, appraisals and other HR processes.
- Professional accounting qualification
- Audit experience and specialist expertise in accountancy and audit
- Strong knowledge of UK auditing standards, rules and procedures
- UK taxation knowledge (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients at all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and project management skills
- Knowledge of relevant auditing software, Microsoft Office and CCH practice management software (desirable)
- Ability to use complex Excel functions
- Client tendering and onboarding experience (desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Death in service
- Up to 5% employers pension contribution
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Training and experience in using technology for audit automation and process efficiency. Our forward-thinking team aspires to use increasingly sophisticated technology and data analytics to further improve the quality of auditing techniques applied. This is in-line with our ethos to continually identify ways to help our clients to do things better.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Assistance Programme: comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7 offering medical, legal (not work related), financial and emotional support, advice and information.
- Reward and recognition programme: exclusive discounts and offers on thousands of products and services from over 1,500 national and 6,000 local retailers, plus reward credits linked to performance in your role, on your birthday and for other worthy reasons such as long service.