Due to continued growth, we are a looking for a talented individual to join the Peterborough office as an Audit Senior within our Audit Team, the successful candidate is expected to be ACA/ACCA qualified with solid technical skills and experience of leading, or taking a lead role, in an audit team.
As an Audit Senior, you will be responsible for leading a team to deliver quality and efficient statutory audit and other assurance engagements to our clients. You will work as part of a team to deliver our uniquely personal and proactive service, upholding the highest standards in client service.
- work with our expansive and varied client base, including a number of large corporate clients and groups with turnover up to £500m
- lead the statutory audit engagement, from planning through to completion and will also be involved in the preparation and review of group and single entity financial statements
- work alongside the Partners and Managers to deliver advisory work including, preparation of financial forecast models, business plans, reporting on internal controls, financial due diligence and other ad hoc projects
- build and maintain strong relationships with our clients, being a key client contact
- supervise, coach and develop the audit team
- benefit from investment in coaching and developing you, with one-to-one support from the Manager and Partner team
The role provides the opportunity for someone who has commenced their career in the profession to join an organisation and team with a great work-life balance and a genuine interest and focus in you and your career. You will gain experience on large and complex clients in a fast-growing office, creating genuine opportunities for career progression.
The team and our values
You will be joining a growing team and will have regular check-ins with your Performance and Development Reviewer (Manager) to support you in your role and career. You will join a vibrant team of people who are studying towards their professional qualification or have qualified and are moving into the Assistant Manager role and can expect to work closely with the Managers and Partners.
All interactions and decisions we make as a team are underpinned by our values of collegiately, enthusiasm, integrity and excellence. We are looking to continue to develop a caring team with similar values to build on the excellent client service we strive to deliver within an enjoyable environment.
The working environment
The Peterborough office of Saffery is located easily off the A1, adjacent to Nene Park in one of the UK’s four environment cities; offering an, on-site gym, café, electric car charging and free parking. Our modern, light, airy offices have been designed to provide a working space this is conducive to team collaboration and agile working.
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified.
You should have prior experience in an audit and accounts role, with emphasis on UK audit experience given this area of growth.
You should be motivated, organised, commercially minded and have a clear perception of good client service. In addition, you should possess good interpersonal skills, demonstrate initiative and be able to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner. Furthermore, you should display a flexible, professional approach, and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with a hybrid working policy, with the flexibility to work from home for up to three days per week (our core hours are 10-4)
- Excellent benefits including; contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance cover and great flexible benefits and family friendly policies
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan. Paid in December
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
Saffery LLP is an adviser to individuals and businesses across a range of sectors, providing market-leading accountancy, audit, business advisory, tax and VAT services. Founded in 1855, we are the UK’s 15th largest accountancy firm.
When you work with us at Saffery, you work with people who know your name, not just a job title. We’re a place shaped by friendly, intelligent people who are individually excellent and collectively exceptional. We’re committed to our clients, but also to our greatest asset – our people.
As a proud member of Nexia, a leading, international network of independent accounting and consulting firms, we’ve got access to local insight on a global scale.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion is a top priority for us. With our ED&I strategy, Everyone Belongs, we are building on our positive work culture and implementing initiatives to improve diversity and strengthen our equitable culture of inclusion, led from the top.
We hope you will apply to us, whatever your background, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, disability or neurodivergence, because individual differences equal collective strength. Built on values of excellence, integrity, enthusiasm and collegiality, Saffery is where Potential meets Personal.