The Bristol office are looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic Qualified Senior, to join our audit team. Applicants must be either ACA or ACCA qualified and be able to display a commercially minded and organised approach to client work.
This is a challenging and interesting role which will include exposure to a wide range of clients, often working to tight deadlines.
The role involves planning and delivering a complete audit file, to include:
- Audit planning section
- Assessing audit risks and materiality levels
- Designing and implementing testing work programmes
- Completion of audit fieldwork, applying professional scepticism throughout
- Clear documentation of audit findings and notes on judgemental matters
- Recording unadjusted misstatements and management letter points and discussing these with client team
- File completion, including summarising key audit findings for the partner’s attention
- Review of junior team member’s work assisting in their development
- Regular communication with manager throughout audit process
- Responsibility for budgetary control and keeping manager informed thereon
- Key point of contact for liaising with client teams on all audit matters, as well as to achieve excellent client service
- Liaising with other Saffery teams, such as corporate tax, to ensure we provide a joined-up service
The Accounts and Audit team within the Bristol office comprises over 40 members of staff ranging from Directors to accounts assistants and audit juniors. The team reports to all of the partners within the office on a variety of tasks ranging from audits, outsourcing and management accounts, VAT returns, statutory accounts preparation and ad-hoc client queries.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our national offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our Bristol office is home to six partners and over 100 members of staff.
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- UK Audit experience, including planning and completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Client focused with commerciality awareness
- Computer experience: Excel, Word and ideally CCH accounts and audit automation
- Good technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting and auditing standards
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work on multiple jobs at once
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Proactive nature and enjoys working as part of a team
Although not a pre-requisite, it would be beneficial if you had:
- Driving licence and ability to travel to client premises
- Experience of consolidated accounts
- Experience of IFRS
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with a hybrid working policy, with the flexibility to work from home for up to three days per week (our core hours are 10-4)
- Excellent benefits including; contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance cover and great flexible benefits and family friendly policies
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan. Paid in December
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
Saffery LLP is an adviser to individuals and businesses across a range of sectors, providing market-leading accountancy, audit, business advisory, tax and VAT services. Founded in 1855, we are the UK’s 15th largest accountancy firm.
When you work with us at Saffery, you work with people who know your name, not just a job title. We’re a place shaped by friendly, intelligent people who are individually excellent and collectively exceptional. We’re committed to our clients, but also to our greatest asset – our people.
As a proud member of Nexia, a leading, international network of independent accounting and consulting firms, we’ve got access to local insight on a global scale.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion is a top priority for us. With our ED&I strategy, Everyone Belongs, we are building on our positive work culture and implementing initiatives to improve diversity and strengthen our equitable culture of inclusion, led from the top.
We hope you will apply to us, whatever your background, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, disability or neurodivergence, because individual differences equal collective strength. Built on values of excellence, integrity, enthusiasm and collegiality, Saffery is where Potential meets Personal.