Your new company
My client is one of the top legal firms in the country, with multiple offices spanning the south of England. Due to growth, this new role is available to join the UK and International Tax Manager to assist with a variety of tasks, predominantly Personal and Partnership tax for their portfolio of clients. This role can be on a part-time or full-time basis, with flexible working and hybrid working of two days in the office.
Your new role
- Cover a variety of tasks, however, the role is 80% Personal and Partnership tax based
- Register partners as self-employed for National Insurance and self-assessment purposes including obtaining HMRC authorisations for the firm to act as a tax agent.
- Prepare aide memoires for partners at the start of the new tax year; preparation of personal tax returns for review by the UK and International Tax Manager
- Prepare banking instructions and supporting schedules in relation to payments, e.g. to HMRC; assistance with liaison with former partners and third party agents or advisers.
- Reconcile the tax liability position to individual tax returns, record the progress and status of tax returns, track information received from partners, analyse tax payments and to track pension contributions made by partners.
- Assistance with the bi-annual tax payments to HMRC and the accounting thereof.
- Work with the Partnership Accountant to review partners' tax reserves and input into the annual statement process.
- Contacting HMRC regarding partners' tax affairs, making the disclosure and assisting with enquiries.
- Assistance with the preparation of the LLP tax computations and corporation tax return review for the operating businesses.
- Check payroll and P11D records prepared by external advisors to ensure it is correct and complete.
- Assist with employment tax queries, PSA calculations as needed
- Assist with VAT returns for the UK entities - this is to provide cover for the Manager for annual and sick leave
What you\'ll need to succeed
You may be qualified, part qualified or qualified by experience. You will have dealt with personal and partnership tax returns and managed compliance for a portfolio of clients. Excellent communication skills is a must. Experience of VAT, Corporation Tax, Employment Tax, Withholding Tax would be a bonus, however, this can all be learnt in the position with support from the Manager
What you\'ll get in return
You will receive a salary dependent on experience up to £60,000. Hybrid working with 2 days in the office along with flexible working options available. Part-time or full-time applications will be considered.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.