Your new company
A key employer who is a leader in their field, this Group of companies with sites across the UK and their Head Office in Darlington are looking to appoint a Group Tax Manager.
Your new role
To support the Group with corporate, indirect and direct taxation issues and liaising with the various external third parties.
- Working with external tax advisers to ensure the Group is compliant with corporate and indirect tax legislation.
- Support the Board in strategic corporation tax planning
- Advise the Group on strategic indirect tax planning.
- Preparing tax returns
- Submitting tax returns
- Answering tax computation queries as set by external auditors
- Liaising with HMRC on various tax matters
- Researching and analysing tax legislation on a frequent basis
- Helping the Group to understand and implement any changing legislation - corporation tax, SDLT/Stamp duty, employment taxes, VAT for property, transfer pricing, capital allowances, corporate criminal offence, tax avoidance, corporate debt and corporate interest restriction (CIR).
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CTA or ATII who has specialised in the field of Corporate Tax gained either within Practice or an In-House Tax position.
What you'll get in return
THIS IS A ROLE THAT IS AVAILABLE FOR 3, 4 OR 5 DAYS A WEEK
- flexible working arrangements - plus the ability to work part-time hours
- discretionary bonus scheme of up to 5% of annual salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- 5% pension
- 2 x salary life assurance
- single cover private medical insurance
- 4 weeks full sick pay / 4 weeks half pay
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.