Your new company
Well established, our client has seen impressive year-on-year growth and, more than a decade later, has a national footprint. They design, install, maintain, and own utility infrastructure and networks for a range of clients who see them as market leaders. They have started an extraordinary journey of growth and new market exploration, and they are looking for the right people to be part of their future. As Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for financial management and reporting of construction projects.
Your new role
Due to growth, they are looking to appoint a new position, for a part-qualified or qualified accountant to support two trading entities and lead the production of the Group's external financial reporting, including the planning and preparation of the Group's monthly, quarterly and annual reports and accounts. Responsibilities would include:
- Responsible for leading the planning & preparation of the group\'s financial reports and accounts, annual statutory accounts, and quarterly external reporting to agreed deadlines.
- Ensure that the Financial Controller, CFO and Board are provided with sufficient information that gives an appropriate oversight of financial reporting.
- Lead the design and implementation of the risk and control framework for the external Financial Reporting team, co-ordinating and liaising with Financial Control and CFO on this and providing support to the wider Finance team.
- Divisional and Product reporting.
- Prepare monthly group consolidations.
- Coordinate the annual Budget and Forecast.
- Coordinate annual financial statements for central group entities.
- Coordinate and collate central data for shareholder reporting.
- VAT and CIS accounting.
- Monitor, investigate and explain budget variances.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Improve the understanding and impact of financial reporting on business success.
- Implement and streamline processes.
What you\'ll need to succeed
The right person for the position will have experience working in a position of a similar stance for a minimum of two years. It is essential that you are fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA and have a clear and progressive track record covering technical finance and, ideally, management accounting, financial analysis and business partnering. Experience in group consolidation accounts and an understanding of accounting principles and tax regulations would be highly advantageous. Personal qualities required include strong organisational and time management skills, confident interpersonal presentation skills and the ability to cope well under pressure and work within tight timeframes. Applicants looking to move out of professional practice would also be considered.
What you\'ll get in return
Our client offers a rewarding and competitive benefits package, including flexible working patterns in the working hours and the option to work on a hybrid basis, coming in to the office three days a week.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.