In a nutshell
Are you ready to be part of something exceptional? Our professional practice team has flourished over the past year and is growing!
Working with UK Top 100 law firms to sole legal practitioners, your advice will help support a diverse portfolio of legal clients.
Perfectly suited for a partially qualified accountant, when you join us you’ll find that an array of exciting development opportunities await!
What you'll be doing day to day
No two days will ever be the same as our diverse client base brings new challenges and opportunities daily.
- Supporting a diverse client portfolio from UK Top 100 law firms to sole legal practitioners.
- Using your commercial mind to identify financial and tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Planning, preparing, and completing year-end accounts, tax computations and tax returns.
- Coaching and supporting junior team members.
- Enjoys having a laugh, whilst working hard and being part of a supportive team.
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind.
- A natural ability to build rapport quickly with clients and other employees across the firm.
- Knowledgeable of accounts preparation, tax compliance for various business entities.
- Adept user of accounts and tax return software.
Why work at PKF Francis Clark
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits
• Group life assurance - up to four times your core salary
• Group income protection
• Health cash plan to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare
Health & Wellbeing benefits:
• Option to buy 5 extra days holiday*
• Counselling and support for you and your immediate family
• Virtual GP for you and your immediate family
• Cycle to work*
• Medicash Extras providing you with shopping and gym discounts
• Bonuses for career and family milestones
• One volunteering day per year to support local organisations
• Emergency funding from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation
* These benefits are provided via a salary exchange and are subject to employee’s post exchange hourly rate remaining above the national minimum wage.