In a nutshell
Joining a team of forward thinkers, who specialise in the legal sector, you’ll provide tax advice and complete tax compliance duties for our diverse portfolio of clients.
If you’re a tax professional looking to specialise within a firm that takes your development and well-being seriously, then this is the role for you.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Lead on the preparation and completion of partnership tax returns for legal clients
- Review tax returns prepared by other members of the professional practices team
- Prepare complex tax returns / complex elements of tax returns
- Take the lead on tax advisory projects, including preparing and reviewing reports
- Collaborate with the accounts team.
- Correspond and deal with client enquiries in relation to their tax issues and liabilities
- Develop new client relationships and maintain existing client relationship
- Supervising and supporting the work of junior team members
- Previous experience in a tax compliance and advisory role
- ATT qualified or equivalent, CTA qualified desirable
- Excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
Why work at PKF Francis Clark
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits
• Group life assurance - up to four times your core salary
• Group income protection
• Health cash plan to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare
Health & Wellbeing benefits:
• Option to buy 5 extra days holiday*
• Counselling and support for you and your immediate family
• Virtual GP for you and your immediate family
• Cycle to work*
• Medicash Extras providing you with shopping and gym discounts
• Bonuses for career and family milestones
• One volunteering day per year to support local organisations
• Emergency funding from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation
* These benefits are provided via a salary exchange and are subject to employee’s post exchange hourly rate remaining above the national minimum wage.