An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Transformation Accountant
- 3-6-month interim role (starting as soon as possible)
- Mostly remote role, with 1 day a week required on site in Cardiff
- 1 stage teams interview as soon as possible
You will be working with Finance teams across the UK Group. You will report into a Senior Accountant and be part of the finance transformation work, rebuilding and improving processes. The role will evolve with the transformation but will be focussed around systems, data and processes.
You will also take responsibility for implementing new processes, functions and maintenance of Dynamics 365 (D365) F&O for the UK group by undertaking process optimisation to ensure best fit processes are run in line with agreed standards. You will be the subject-matter expert for resolving system issues, providing advice and resolving system issues.
You will play an important part in the wider finance transformation activity supporting the business in its data strategy, focusing on improving data quality and capability and working with other business departments to drive continuous improvement in finance.
This is an integral role within the financial control function, requiring a great communicator who is quickly able to build effective working relationships across finance teams and the wider business.
- Responsible for design, testing and implementation of new processes for Dynamics 365 (D365) F&O for all UK entities using this system
- Working with a trainee system accountant to prioritise and manage change requests in line with the finance functional guidance
- Creating and maintaining the system documents which record core system functions and controls
- Planning and management of system upgrades during the financial calendar, minimising disruption and ensuring safe and controlled implementation
- Undertaking analysis to identify opportunities to enhance and optimise system capability and working with teams within finance to design and implement solutions
- Working with a senior accountant and a senior data and reporting analyst on work-streams under the Finance data transformation project
- Playing an integral role in the design and implementation of any further finance tooling or software and ensuring consistent processes across relevant and related systems
- Preferably qualified accountant with any of ACCA, CIMA, ACA. CCAB (will consider part qual or qualified by experience with a good amount of D365 experience)
- Demonstrable knowledge of Dynamics 365 F&O or experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience of developing and clearly articulating system-driven processes to influence and deliver change
- Good understanding of financial control and good system governance
- Good understanding of data processing, data uploads, interfaces with other systems, data extraction, and manipulation, all the way to effectively presenting and reporting it
- Customer-focused mindset
- Strong finance process understanding with experience in demands faced by a large global company and its financial reporting process (including the necessary process controls)
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Ability to manage project schedules and workload within a collaborative team framework
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience working in the finance team of a financial services organisation
- Experience of finance system implementation or major system projects
- Relevant data analytic certifications
What you need to do now If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charles Maidment from the Hays Bristol senior finance team. If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.