HW Fisher LLP is a top 30 UK chartered accountancy firm. We are a commercially astute organisation with a personal, partner-led service aimed at entrepreneurial small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large corporates, Not for Profit organisations and high-net worth individuals.
Our clients come from many different backgrounds and are active in all branches of commerce and industry. Our reputation is grounded in quality, delivering premium advisory services efficiently and cost-effectively.
Founded in 1933, the practice comprises 25 partners and approximately 300 staff supplying a range of services spanning audit, corporate taxation, private client services, VAT and forensic accounting, together with a range of sector groups offering specialist industry knowledge.
We act as auditors for organisations of every type and size. Our clients are active in all branches of commerce and industry, ranging from substantial corporations to small businesses in a variety of sectors, including but not limited to restaurants and hospitality, property, media, technology and entertainment, as well as organisations within the not-for-profit sector, such as charities, trade unions and higher education establishments.
We require a qualified ACA/ACCA candidate, ideally with first time passes, and who has trained within a practice for at least 3 years. You will be a good team player, able to lead large audits and possess good organisational, planning, and delegation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts in line with UK GAAP/FRS102
- Reporting to an audit manager and/or Partner and being responsible for the planning and execution of the audits (which cover a wide range of client types and sizes) in accordance with the International Auditing Standards
- Working within budget and bringing the audits to completion
- Ensuring client expectations are managed accordingly
- Supervising audit trainees, reviewing their work, assisting with their development and dealing with their performance evaluations
- Drafting corporate tax computations
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Proven audit experience with a wide range of clients
- Proven accounts experience with a range of clients
- Proficient technical ability
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, including leading jobs on-site as well as remotely
- A proven ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Additionally, it would be desirable to possess knowledge and experience in software packages including PROaudit (Audit Automation), AP, Alphatax, Excel, Word, and Outlook, although training will be provided on these. We also use Inflo and Data Snipper, and experience of these would also be beneficial.
- Salary: competitive
- Group Life Cover
- 22 days holiday on commencement
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- Hybrid working policy – at least 2 days in the office a week, with a core hours system in place
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Contributory Private Health Scheme
- Non-Contributory Health Cash Plan
- Season Ticket Loan (after qualifying period)
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Discounted Tastecard
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle voucher scheme