Your new company
My client is a modern accountancy practice based close to the heartbeat of Guildford and boast on-site parking. They are looking for an experienced Tax Senior, part or fully qualified, who has experience with technical and complex compliance cases and has, or would like to gain, advisory experience as part of their role. Clients will come from all sectors and range from private individuals (HNWI), owner-managed businesses, SMEs and PLCs which offers a varied client base. They differentiate themselves from typical accountancy firms as they offer end to end services to their clients across all service lines, heavily involved with planning and advisory projects to help their clients and their businesses succeed. Flexible and hybrid work is available at this sociable and forward-thinking Firm.
Your new role
- Assist in the management of the Private Client Portfolio (over 500 clients)
- Work as part of the tax team as a senior member, helping juniors and reporting to the manager.
- Be responsible for your own portfolio of clients, end to end, bringing in information, talking through returns, managing queries, offering advisory services as needed.
- Varied client base, HNWI, OMBs, Trusts, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax exposure
- Assist with onboarding new clients and be involved with client meetings
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Study support as needed
What you\'ll need to succeed
You will be a qualified tax professional, ATT, CTA, STEP or ACA qualified, with exposure within a Private Client team in practice. Exposure across CGT, IHT, Trusts and Estates is desirable but not essential. Technical knowledge of dealing with complex compliance cases is needed. You will have advisory experience, or be looking to gain advisory experience with appropriate mentoring.
What you\'ll get in return
You will receive a salary dependent on experience and there is flexibility from my client. Flexible working options available, with core hours of 10am to 4.30pm and a start time anywhere from 8am. Hybrid working is available with 2 days working from home as needed. There is on-site parking, modern offices, a relaxed but professional vibe, regularly arranged social events with an excellent team spirit. Pension is 5% employer contribution, healthcare via Bupa and 3 x death in service. For more information, please get in touch.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.