At PwC, we have a human-led, tech-powered, approach to delivering Managed Services (which, for us, refers to multi-service, multi-year, end-to-end tax compliance and advisory services). In a Managed Service, clients are looking for a trusted, proactive partner and a seamless and highly collaborative service that gives them easy access to PwC's diverse capabilities whilst simplifying how they work with us.The Business Partnering role is at the heart of delivering this and is a core element of PwC's Managed Services strategy. We are now embarking on an ambitious expansion of our Business Partnering capabilities, looking in particular for talented relationship builders, with broad tax knowledge, who understand how tax is done in-house and who can take a pragmatic approach to addressing tax risks, opportunities and challenges.The role
Acting as an extension of a client's in-house tax or finance team, our Business Partnering team members are experienced tax professionals who take on the business facing role that an in-house tax manager or director would have, including spending time on site. They are the day-to-day face of PwC's managed service; getting to know the client's business and knowing what's happening across PwC's services. On larger engagements they may lead a
Business Partnering team covering a range of taxes and, effectively, play the role of an in-house Tax team member or even the Head of Tax. Depending on the client's needs, they may also play a key role in day to day tax management activities, including:
- Owning the day to day tax relationship with client stakeholders, proactively engaging to understand needs and business changes, including leading/attending regular meetings, sharing insights, actively challenging and problem solving.
- Being the go to contact on tax technical and operational queries, with oversight and responsibility across all PwC services, accessing PwC specialist support and actioning advice with the business.
- Horizon scanning - identifying tax changes that impact the business and acting on these with practical and business-specific recommendations.
- Proactively interacting with key client stakeholders to discuss new projects, updates from the business technical updates, new policies, changes to existing policies etc. .
- Delivering specific tax projects, including scoping and parameters, gathering and provide information, reviewing findings, and working with business to implement suggested changes.
To support our Business Partnering team members, we have standard approaches to onboarding and delivery that leverage technology and project management support so that they can focus on deepening the client relationship, service excellence, providing pragmatic and value-add support, and bringing the best of PwC to the client.Why Business Partnering and why now?
There are Business Partnering opportunities across all industries and scale of client, meaning that this is an exciting tax career pathway for anyone from Senior Manager to Director level, which can include progression to Partnership. If you enjoy being embedded in an organisation to partner with the business and drive the tax agenda but would like to retain the diversity, relationship development and career progression opportunities of an advisor role, then Business Partnering is for you. This really is a "best of both" combination of Big4 and industry roles.About you
Our Business Partnering team members apply a pragmatic "client lens" to the provision of support, for example:
- Tailoring legislative or practice updates so they are specific to a client's business strategy and risk appetite;
- Providing commercial advice without the use of excessive caveats; and Reading across all areas of delivery in order to proactively spot associated risks, as well as being pragmatic in how such risks are managed.
You will have a broad background and experience in tax, and be:
- Proactive, organised, and curious
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of seniority
- Able to build and maintain relationships and collaborate with diverse stakeholders
- Pragmatic, adaptable, and able to deal with ambiguity
- Commercially minded
- Energetic, positive and motivational with strong team-working skills.
- Experienced in managing people and operations, including virtually and across geographical location and applying a continuous improvement lens