Hays Senior Finance are working with a long-standing client in the Warrington area who are looking to appoint a high calibre Financial Reporting Accountant. This global business has a turnover of £5bn+ and multiple divisions. They operate in a number of different markets with a presence in most recognised countries. Due to ongoing growth and a promotion, they are looking to appoint a Top 4 trained ACA accountant who is keen to move into Industry.
As Financial Reporting Accountant you will have a key role within the accounting and finance organisation and will work closely with the UK & Ireland Financial Controller. As part of an established team, you will have responsibility for the preparation of year-end accounting and audit information for the UK & Irish legal entities, providing month-end close support, supporting the Financial Controller in providing technical accounting advice across the region, and responding to technical accounting and audit related queries from our external auditors. You will interact with the wider European finance team, business leaders, internal and external audit teams and outside professional advisors. The role will operate across all divisions, supporting in ensuring accurate and timely internal and external financial reporting.
- Supporting the provision of timely, accurate and relevant technical accounting support to the business
- Supporting the external audit process, including preparing extended trial balances and collating necessary support, and responding to queries from auditors. There are currently 20+ audited companies in the Group
- Ensuring statutory financial statements are accurate, comply with local GAAP and legal regulations and are filed in accordance with local timescales
- Leading general ledger accounting and managing the month-end close process for the international holding company structure, including working with our offshore SSC to ensure close activities are completed accurately and in accordance with internal timetables
- Building strong relationships with internal and external finance colleagues, business partners, advisors and key business leaders to support, optimise, explain and manage the financial structures in place to support the business
- Assisting in the ongoing drive to reduce the complexity and size of our legal entity structure by simplifying legal entities and liquidating older legacy companies where possible
- Support in collating financial information to assist bid submissions on potential future projects for the business
- Participating in special projects and ad hoc requests where possible (e.g. corporate restructuring and significant/ unusual transactions)
- Supporting the implementation of new UK/ US GAAP accounting standards and corporate accounting policies across the region
- Work with Tax, Treasury and legal to ensure that all tax, treasury and finance matters are compliant.
We are looking to speak with experienced Assistant Managers or Audit Managers from a Top 4 Practice. Ideally you will have first-hand experience of working with complex, international businesses and have strong, up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards. If successful you will join a proven and exceptional company who can demonstrate how they invest in their staff across the globe. This would be an excellent move into Industry and help your career towards FC and FD roles in the future. They are looking to pay £55,000 - £70,000 depending on your level of post-qualified experience and they have a host of corporate employee benefits as well as offering three days a week working from home for those who want.
Please apply today and I will be in touch with details if you have the relevant experience. At this stage we can only consider applicants based in the UK and not required visa sponsorship. This is just one of many roles we have so it is likely that we will have other roles to run passed you as well.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.