Your new company
My client is a leading company within the hospitality sector, specialising in the delivery of catering services. This multi-enity and international group boasts some well-known brands and eateries within its portfolio, both within the UK and throughout Europe. They boast a robust working model which has seen them grow rapidly since the Covid pandemic and are thus very resilient to downturns in market conditions and do not compete with your regular high street brands such as Costa Coffee, Starbucks or Pret A Manger.
A new opportunity is available for a Corporate Tax Specialist to join on a full-time or part-time basis with only one day a week in their offices. You will join a team of 5, reporting in to the Head of Tax, with a well established compliance process. They currently lack a resource on the direct tax side and are looking for a person who will be able to come in and be the main point of contact for direct tax issues and queries.
Your new role
- Provide technical support for and review of UK, Irish and European CT and related returns (with assistance from outsourced compliance providers and advisors)
- Manage the calculation of interim tax payments (UK and Europe)
- Ensure the proper application of CT reliefs
- Drive Pillar 2 reporting readiness
- Manage TP process and supporting documentation
- Work with the wider accounting team and advisors to ensure integration of acquisitions and the timely execution of post-acquisition step plans
- Ensure accurate and timely tax information is available for budgets and tax disclosures in the statutory accounts
- Maintain excellent tax governance standards and documentation
- Provide tax risk management support and manage the integration of tax reporting for newly acquired businesses
- Identify and execute opportunities to streamline the CT compliance process
- Input into various systems upgrades to ensure the design and implementation includes best practice recording and reporting for tax.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be ATT or CTA qualified, or a qualified accountant ACA or ACCA or equivalent. Qualified by experience can be considered depending on background. You will be organised in order to deal with compliance deadlines, manage projects and have the ability to engage with internal stakeholders and external advisors.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary up to £70,000 depending on experience. You will also be eligible for a company bonus, private medical insurance and receive 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays. On-site parking is available, and the role only requires one day in the office per week, every Monday, to work as part of a team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.