Accounts & Audit Senior
Bicester, North Oxfordshire
Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but growing practice in Bicester. They are looking for ambitious candidates to join their team as a qualified accounts and audit senior.
Your new role
This role involves a variety of tasks from general practice, such as accounts preparation (roughly 60%), tax, both corporate and personal (20%) and audit (20%). You will have the opportunity to grow and build up a portfolio of clients while working closely with the partners of the firm.
The role includes: As a key member of the team your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of accounts ready for partner review both directly and as a supervisor of junior staff
- Preparation of management accounts, coordinating with the client and ensuring the information provided is accurate and relevant to the client's needs
- Planning, managing and completion of audits. Communicating with the client and the partner, ensuring deadlines and standards are met
- Responsibility for a portfolio of clients to be built up over time.
- Preparation and review of corporation tax returns
- Preparation and review of self-assessment returns
- Audit work
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries
- Assisting in the training of junior staff
- Responsibility for managing workflow and raising invoices
- Attending meetings with clients
What you\'ll need to succeed
You will ideally be a qualified or finalist accountant with a broad experience across areas of general practice, such as accounts preparation, audit, tax, and client facing work.
Additionally, you'll have:
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Self motivated
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Experience with accounting software packages eg, Sage Desktop and online, Xero, QuickBooks online and desktop.
What you\'ll get in return
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll also benefit from flexibility in working when you have established yourself.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.