Your new company
As one of the nation\'s leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for both retail and foodservice customers, you will be joining a well stabilised business at its time of growth.
Your new role
As you will be working for this large national FMCG Group, it will be an imperative role within the business and comes with huge responsibility and equally great prospects. In a high profile finance role, you will be responsible for the provision of a high quality financial planning & analysis, in terms of periodic analysis of the financials, business performance, providing recommendations and challenging both operations & commercial teams where necessary.
You will have a number of internal customer groups, so the ability to influence inside and outside of finance is essential. The nature of the job demands that the job holder has a combination of strong financial skills, excellent business awareness/acumen and the drive to deliver results. It is essential that they can analyse a high level of complex business data, be able to distil from this the key business insights and have the verbal and written communication skills to drive appropriate action.
Day to day responsibilities
To provide valuable analysis and assist in strategic planning for the business as a Commercial Finance Manager:
- Business partnering, decision support and performance delivery
- Support and drive the commercial team on tenders / promotions / competitive steal and business planning.
- Inflation management and driving appropriate actions to recover through the sales team.
- Identify opportunities to improve margin through pricing and product development.
- Evaluation of new range and promotional plans (pre- and post-analysis, insight, control)
- Customer margin management for Frozen retail, Foodservice & Export customers, providing insight & challenge.
- Sales margin management - analysis and driving action to improve.
- Flexibility to cover a wider commercial agenda as required
What you\'ll need to succeed
Ideally, you will be ACA or CIMA Qualified, have strong commercial finance, business partnering, FP&A type experience with a very promising track record and the hunger to really take your career to new heights. Ideally, you will have experience in a growing & changing environment.
* Worked with commercial finance
* High level of IT literacy - with excellent Excel skills
* Strong analytical and communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and within the team structure
* Able to challenge in a constructive manner
- Complex thinking
- Achievement drive
- Developing others
- Organisational awareness
- Information seeking
- Client satisfaction
- Creative thinking
What you\'ll get in return
Competitive salary & Excellent benefits
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.