About the Role
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join our expanding Exeter team.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be managing the processing of financial transactions within our friendly finance team, delivering quality and insightful financial information and continuous improvements in processes across the finance operations. In this role, you will be instrumental in adding commercial value to the business through analysis and interpretation and delivering key messages to partners and managers.
- Leading preparation of monthly management reporting
- Developing the Finance business partnering offering
- Providing information and support to the client facing service lines and business facing enablement functions
- Supporting the implementation of a new ERP system
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager with the preparation of budgets and regular forecast reviews
- Assisting in the preparation of draft financial statements and acting as key contact with the auditors
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and internal control requirements, understanding and adhering to financial regulations and compliance including LLP, SORP, VAT and Corporation Tax
- People Managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance transaction processing team
- Developing and improving financial controls and processes
- Promoting a culture of strong controls, customer service and continuous improvement
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified (part qualified considered)
- Experience in the preparation of monthly management accounts including Month and Year End processes / closure
- Business partnering experience (preferable not essential), notably variance analysis with relevant commentary
- Budgeting and Forecasting Skills
- Communication skills to a high level (verbal, in person and remotely; as well as written skills)
- Mentoring / coaching skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Relationship building and management (with key interfaces and team members)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of financial systems
- Experience of ERP implementation (not essential)
- Understanding of data privacy standards and requirements
Why Bishop Fleming?!
Bishop Fleming is an independent leading provider of audit, accountancy, tax, and advisory services in the UK. With a turnover of £38.4m, the firm saw growth of 15.5% per cent over the last 12 months.
From owner-managed businesses, SMEs, and large businesses; to entrepreneurs and private individuals; Bishop Fleming has a wealth of knowledge and experience in areas such as internal and external audit, corporate and personal tax, corporate finance and deals and accounting services.
Bishop Fleming is currently ranked 33 in the Accountancy Age league table and is the number one provider of audit services multi-academy trusts in the academy sector. The firm was also ranked fifth in the inaugural UK Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index.
With 8 offices spanning from the West Midlands to the South West, the firm has 43 partners and nearly 500 staff, and is a certified Great Place to Work®.
Bishop Fleming is a member of Kreston Global, a global network of independent accounting firms in more than 100 countries.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for career development
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.