Digital Audit is a specialist team within our Audit practice that combines a mix of technology, data, business and accounting expertise to how we audit clients across all industries. There are two sides to Digital Audit which include; using our latest tools to help digitise the way we deliver audits through automation, AI, data analytics and innovation - known as Digital Auditing. The other side is Auditing Digital which involves auditing our client's technology to give them assurance that security and controls are in place. This includes infrastructure, Cloud, and applications. As part of the team you'll have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, industries and technologies and you'll develop the business skills, knowledge and relationships you need to build a career that's more than just numbers. We're constantly investing in audit technology and the skills of our people to keep up with the rapid pace of change and to deliver trust that is deeper, broader and more forward-looking.What we do
Technology is now at the heart of how our clients deliver their services. The complexity of systems, increasing use of data and the continuous investment in technologies by our clients, creates new challenges, but equally, opportunities, as to how we assess our client risks and build trust in society.
As an audit practice, we invested significantly in innovative technology to understand how our client's processes, technologies and systems operate in order to provide a fair view on how they address their risks.
The I&D (Innovation & Data) team is part of the larger UK Audit practice. We provide and develop the innovation initiatives across a large array of our audit clients. We do this through the implementation of robotics, AI, machine learning and advanced analytics tools, leveraging the best technologies currently on the market.
The team works with audit clients and internal audit stakeholders to generate crucial insights and find patterns in data to match with our understanding of client risk assessments.
We also build scalable automated solutions for existing audit processes across an array of industries. We often assure that information and data provided to the audit practice is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.What you'll do
The I&D team is a high performing and diverse team that leads the way in the implementation of advanced technologies within the PwC UK audit practice. As a trusted specialist, you will advise senior stakeholders on ways to automate and reimagine audits, implementing innovative technologies, such as Python, R, SQL, Alteryx, Power BI, Process Intelligence and Machine Learning. Building a strong understanding for the role data and analytics plays in the modern day audit.
You'll get to work on technical assignments enabling you to develop skills in Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Engineering and sophisticated visualisation tools to provide clients with the PwC digital audit experience. This means that you'll develop the technical, business and soft skills around the topic of data and analytics that our clients are demanding today.
As the leading analytics function in the PwC UK audit practice, you'll get to work closely with audit clients across a broad range of industries (e.g. banking, insurance, asset and wealth management, oil and gas, manufacturing and telecoms). Training and development
Through our tailored training programme you'll develop the foundations to become a highly skilled advanced analytics professional. You'll also get the full support of your own Career Coach and experienced colleagues who'll help guide and shape your career, so that you're always delivering the best you can.
We aim to make sure graduates gain relevant external business and technical accreditations. Together, these provide a good combination of business knowledge and technical skill that sets our advanced analytics professionals apart.Requirements
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate experience working in a data role, covering multiple of the following disciplines
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following
- Scope of work is to carry out audit of financial statements using data analytics and technology
- Apply knowledge of existing audit methodologies
- Liaison with audit teams and audit clients to develop innovative approaches
- Data transformation and modelling (e.g. pandas and scikit-learn in Python);
- Data storage and querying (e.g. SQL, Alteryx, Python);
- Data visualisation experience (eg PowerBI, Tableau)
- Understanding of common data quality issues and they effect they have on machine learning models;
- Data cleansing and manipulation for machine learning (e.g. feature engineering);
- Robotics experience eg UI Path;
- Experience and be able to demonstrate finance/accounting understanding;
- Experience with financial / general ledger data;
- Knowledge of the current data science software platforms.
- The ability to come up with creative solutions to complex problems;
- Good audit knowledge and understanding of the audit process
- Experience working and leading a team and on listed/multinational clients
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to coach and support team members;
- Concise and clear communication when presenting and explaining results and findings.
- Client relationship-building and management skills
- Experience in working in complex environments
- Experience in coaching junior colleagues and an interest in developing others
- 2:1 university degree in any subject with an interest in data analytics, machine learning, data science, data mining & coding
As a National Business, we Digital Audit Data teams in a number of locations. This role is open to candidates looking for a permanent position in Manchester or London. The PwC Deal
We want people to build exceptional careers during their time at PwC. When you feel motivated and energised by your work, you're more able to contribute to the organisation, as well as achieve your aspirations. No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. We empower people to be the very best they can be and to reach their full potential. In return, your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package. Diversity and inclusion
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It's critical we have diverse talent, views and thinking if we are to deliver exceptional client value and solve the world's important problems. We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be and to reach their full potential creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate. So join PwC. We'll help you reach your full potential. Learn more here: pwc.co.uk/diversity