The PwC purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems - something which informs the work we do and the clients we work with.
Our culture is one where we all feel empowered to be the best we can be, embracing change and opportunities in a technology driven world. This is underpinned by a strong partnership ethos creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued, and they bring their whole self to work. Together, we demonstrate the behaviours that ensure high quality is at the heart of everything we do for the benefit of our people, clients, and community.
You may not think of PwC when you think of digital media but there is more to PwC than meets the eye. While the firm is famous for accountancy, we have established expertise in many areas of business including Marketing & Media. Our work with ISBA on supply chain transparency has won us 19 major industry awards in three years.About PwC Marketing & Media
Based in Embankment Place in London, where you will be expected to be for 2-3 days each week, our PwC Marketing & Media team has ~50 people in London and 500+ experienced marketing and media personnel worldwide.
Our team includes senior ex-marketers, ex-agency leaders, ex-programmatic traders, adtech specialists, marketing econometricians, and privacy lawyers who have worked in publishing and advertising, all combined with the core skills for which PwC is renowned: process / controls / assurance / audit / data / technology.
It is this blend of capability and skills which we believe makes our proposition unique and compelling. We are a neutral, truly independent party committed to delivering trust and transparency across the marketing ecosystem. Our rapidly growing client base comprises advertisers, media owners, adtech providers, agencies and industry bodies in both the UK and across the globe. Our services cover media advisory, advising on in-housing, adtech reviews, marketing effectiveness, digital process and media performance auditing, audience reporting, data privacy, and audits of media supply chains.About the role
We are looking to expand our team with a series of new hires, including a Senior Associate with 3+ years of experience who is able to demonstrate specialist, in-depth experience analysing media data (online and offline channels are both applicable; interest in gaining exposure to different types of media is key).
As we've grown, there is an increasing opportunity to streamline, automate and iterate the processes we have in place to deliver our services. Your role will be to deliver these offerings and to develop and build on the processes we have in place using the variety of training, technology and tools available at PwC.
With this in mind, your key responsibilities will be:
Working on and developing the processes in place to conduct media audits and media analysis:
Consulting and data analysis:
- Conducting comprehensive audits of client's existing media activity (via an agency or in-house)
- Evaluating a mix of large and small datasets across a variety of media channels to unearth opportunities for improvement
- Using the knowledge gained above, and your experience and the specialist training offered by PwC, to codify and automate our working practices and to highlight new forms of analysis to augment our approach
Stay current with analytical trends:
- Collaborating with clients to understand their business objectives and goals
- Developing tailored approaches for clients to analyse and judge the effectiveness of their media
Wider team support:
- Operating as an SME (subject matter expert) in the team you'll be expected to stay up-to-date with the latest trends, updates from our preferential tech such as Alteryx, Power BI, Data Bricks, etc (an existing working knowledge of these isn't required, but an interest in exploring this tech is).
- Sharing knowledge and best practices with the team and clients via lunch and learns etc.
- Supporting other engagements, with Ad Tech, programmatic, PPC, SPO specialists.
This is a hugely exciting role like no other due to its breadth (it will expose you to lots of different kinds of projects and clients), the fact it will allow you to work with specialists in multiple fields and the opportunities it will give you to help develop and build upon a growing proposition.Who we are looking for
One of our stated goals is to help the advertising and media industry rebuild trust and establish a future that is open, fair and transparent for all parties, with a particular emphasis on digital advertising and adtech. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by helping clients better understand and navigate the inherent challenges of digital advertising with the following experience and skills:Essential skills:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in media analysis
- Proven track record of successful and flexible approaches to analysing media data
- Knowledge of major online and offline media channels (knowledge of all channels isn't required, more important is a desire to become proficient in them)
- Proficiency in data manipulation methods or tools such as SQL, Python, Alteryx or similar no-code software (we're looking for an aptitude and interest in this space rather than a multi-disciplinary expert; there will be the opportunity to build your knowledge at PwC.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and eagerness to get involved and deal with complex issues
- Knowledge of ad servers e.g. Google Campaign Manager and ad verification tools e.g. DV, IAS, Moat
- Ability to use visualisation tools e.g. Power BI, Tableau or equivalent tools in this space
- Strong project management skills
- Adaptable in changing situations
The broader skills we look for in future employees
Specialist skills aside, all our people also need to demonstrate the behaviours and attitude to help us deliver our business goals - something we call the 'The PwC Professional'.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical and digital, business acumen, global and inclusive, and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.http://www.pwc.com/uk/en/careers/experienced/applying-to-pwc.jhtml Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.