£35,000-£38,000 per annum
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be working exclusively with an interesting SME supply chain business in the Malvern area as they look to appoint a new Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company who have an excellent reputation within their market and strong connections with well-known brands across both the UK and abroad.
Your new role
In this newly created role and acting as the number two to the local Group Finance Director, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day accounting support for their UK business.
- Preparation of UK management accounts with supporting analysis and commentary
- Review and process accruals, prepayments and adjustments
- Maintain and enhance the ERP\'s reporting and become the finance system champion
- Review and propose improvements to controls, processes and systems
- Analysis of sales and cost of goods sold
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist in the annual audit process including the provision of information to auditors and the preparation of financial statements
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts
- Balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Ad hoc tasks and projects
What you\'ll need to succeed
- ACCA/CIMA studier actively working towards qualification - QBEs will also be considered
- Previous experience of working in a management accounting role
- Background working with multiple entities in a Group setting (desirable)
- Able to hit the ground running with a positive and driven attitude to make a difference
- Forward-thinker with the confidence to challenge and suggest improvements/new ideas
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong Excel and systems skills (working knowledge of SAP highly advantageous)
What you\'ll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £38,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualification) and the chance to work for a friendly and collaborative business in an exciting industry sector. You\'ll work under a supportive management team who will be keen to help develop your skills and career further. Additional benefits include 24 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), study support, discretionary bonus, pension, life assurance and onsite parking.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.