Are you looking for a great place to progress your career and make your mark?
With almost 90 team members, we are a growing and ambitious practice. We are looking to recruit motivated, self-starters, who thrive in finding solutions, building great client relationships and working in a collaborative team. We encourage an all-encompassing culture where people can be themselves. As a practice Rouse are passionate about diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Your career at Rouse will be underpinned by our four-core values Respect, Integrity, Care and Excellence which are at the heart of everything we do.
We support exciting and prestigious clients based across the UK, and through the Praxity alliance, we also cater for international clients.
As an Audit and Accounts Semi-Senior, you will be working within a supportive environment where you will be encouraged to develop and progress. Your individual efforts and contributions are recognised and rewarded, bringing further opportunities for career development and progression.
In this role you will work with the team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of technical audit and other accountancy services. This will include:
To support seniors on larger assignments:
- Complete tasks allocated to standard required by senior. Receive feedback & discuss this with the senior, learning from this to apply next time.
Run smaller assignments with assistance from other members of the team as required:
- Completing assignments for managers & supervisors to level required. Delegate tasks to new trainees and provide on-going feedback. Act as role model for new trainees.
To pass professional exams
- Meet all deadlines and dates set. Meet all requirements of the Rouse Partners LLP training policy. Plan study throughout the year producing consistent link results above class average. Complete the requirements of the Initial Professional Development Programme, or other such work experience requirements as stipulated by the relevant Institute, on a consistent and timely basis. Completion and submission of timesheets within set deadlines. Builds relationships with clients and maintains client confidentiality outside the office including on client premises. Support Seniors. Report to Supervisors and Managers. Delegate work to new trainees. Liaise with clients to assist with planning and to complete assignments.
Essential Skills and Experience
The ideal person for this role will be well organised and able to work to agreed timescales, whilst having the ability to actively engage with clients. You will:
- Maintain high professional standards of conduct and practice. Maintain awareness of changes in ICAEW guidelines and internal systems. Have effective use of IT including Excel, audit and accounts packages (CCH Accounts Production, CCH Audit Automation), Outlook, CCH Practice Management. Undertake CPD in accordance with Institute and Rouse Partners requirements and maintain up to date CPD record. Studying towards ACA (Professional Stage). Maintains concentrated effort in exam study and link tests. Apply knowledge of Rouse Partners, industry, markets and core client base, highlighting potential business opportunities to line manager. Able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively. Takes ownership of appropriate assignments following and working within the planning provided, maintaining quality of work. Demonstrable experience within an accountancy firm within a senior audit and accounts role. Aware of and communicates budgets and timescales to junior team members. Use technical skills to analyse situations and options for changes. Technically proficient in audit with excellent attention to detail. A can-do attitude to problem-solving. Excellent communication and advisory skills. Confident working alongside senior management. Adept at team management. Proven experience within Practice in Audit & Accounts.
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Paid car parking – All employees are entitled to claim car parking expenses for parking charges.
- Flexible working – we offer a core working hours policy, offering a working environment to fit in with your lifestyle.
- Social – We offer a range of social events such as end of month drinks, summer and winter celebrations.
- Central location - 2 minute walk to Beaconsfield Station (Chiltern Line) and 5 minutes from the M40.
Views from our team...
“The training and development on offer made Rouse the perfect place to develop my career. Beaconsfield is also a great location to work.”
“I get to work closely with the Partners, across varied and interesting clients. I chose Rouse as I didn’t want to be a small fish in a big pond at a larger firm.”
“My first impressions were that Rouse has a very experienced team and an excellent reputation in the industry. For me, these were important points in determining that I was joining the right team.”
The salary banding is a guideline, salary is based on qualifications and experience.