We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
The PwC Energy Team is recruiting in Aberdeen. We are looking for a Senior Associate with experience in corporate tax to join us. Want to play your part in energy transition? Then we're interested in hearing from you.
The energy sector within the Aberdeen market is at a critical juncture, presenting an exciting opportunity for our clients and targets, and PwC will play an important role in supporting them through this change. The opportunities presented by the energy transition cut across oil and gas, renewables and the low carbon sectors in which PwC is the leading tax advisor. This presents a great opportunity for our business, and significant development opportunities for our team. We'd like you to join us.
You will work closely with our market leading clients working on their offshore oil and gas, offshore and floating wind, solar, bioenergy, electric vehicle or energy storage projects and to help our clients meet their energy transition ambitions.
Sitting within the National Energy and Infrastructure Community, you will be involved in local and national projects, working within the Aberdeen team and remotely alongside our tax and colleagues in other parts of the business. You will be at the heart of the ESG and sustainability conversations on energy and non-energy clients.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, value diversity and the uniqueness of each member of our team. Diversity, inclusion, and fair work access are our core values. The team is fully supportive and actively encourages flexible working. We will work with you to agree on the right balance and arrangement that works for you and us.
You will be involved in the delivery of tax compliance and advisory services to a wide variety of energy clients, managing aspects of the client relationship and getting involved in all areas of the service being provided to them. Prior experience of the sector is not essential as you will receive full support from our Senior team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in advising clients on the corporate tax aspects of their business.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved with M&A and tax structuring projects.
- You will undertake the preparation and completion of a wide range of corporation tax computations, including review of computations and assisting clients with queries.
- Dealing with client queries in relation to data requests, including preparation and review of follow up queries and correspondence with appropriate internal and external parties
- Preparing corporation tax accounting disclosures, tax payment advice calculations, computations and returns using the firm's standard software for internal review.
- You will be responsible for organising, monitoring and managing your own workload.
- Assisting in the development of other staff as required, including delegation and coaching.
Essential skills and experience
- You will have a firm grounding in corporate tax to specialise in this challenging area.
- You will be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA or ACCA/CTA finalist looking to continually develop your technical skills.
- You will have experience of developing and maintaining relationships with clients and internal stakeholders