Your new company
Your new company is a global business who manufacture, install & maintain niche products. They have a turnover of around £70m. Due to a period of growth in the UK & Europe they are looking to appoint a European Accountant on a permanent basis.
Your new role
- To compile and consolidate monthly financial information for the European subsidiaries, prepare monthly cash flow statements for the UK and Europe and deliver monthly reporting packages to the corporate accounting group on a timely basis. This will involve building the relevant consolidation models on the Company's reporting systems and to continually improve accounting processes.
- To draft written process narratives documenting procedures for all major business functions. Conduct and document walkthroughs of all major business functions at key facilities and to periodically update narratives to reflect changes in procedure or personnel.
- To carry out business analysis and reviews of the Group's operations predominantly in the UK but as the European operations grow, overseas as well, and to present these to Management and assist in the decision making processes arising therefrom.
- To assist in the production of Board papers and reports using MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- To participate in the Budget setting processes for the EU entities.
What you\'ll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant with at least 5 years of experience in industry with commercial acumen, looking for a long-term move with career progression.
- Qualified accountant / QBE with a minimum of 5 years experience of producing monthly management accounts, conducting business analysis and review projects and producing Board papers and reports.
- Strong commercial acumen and experience of business decision making to add value to organisations is essential.
- Some experience of the following areas would be useful:
- Bespoke Databases and a good user level of Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint
- MS Dynamics Nav/Business Central and MS Dynamics GP.
- Attention to detail is important, the ability to think for oneself and to take responsibility.
- Good interpersonal skills will be helpful and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people and backgrounds.
What you\'ll get in return
You will get a competitive salary of up to £60k + 10% annual bonus, life insurance & generous pension contribution. There is on site parking, 3:2 hybrid working and a clear progression path
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.