My client is an established engineering business with multiple sites throughout the UK are looking to recruit for an experience Financial Controller. This role is a great step up the leadership chain that calls on your professional accounting knowledge and expands your responsibilities. You must have at least 5 years' experience as a Finance Manager or Controller and have an accountancy qualification through a professional body.
You will need meticulous analytical skills and outstanding management abilities to effectively draw out measurable and quantifiable data that can influence business decisions. You must be capable of leading the finance team in order to maintain the company's day-to-day financial duties.
Your duties will include:
- Develop and supervise the implementation of internal financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Oversee the management of accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers.
- Provide key contributions to the company financial strategy and decision-making processes.
- Analyse, prepare and present monthly and quarterly financial, budgeting and forecasting reports, and present your findings to the board.
- Lead the end-to-end audit process of current systems, while acting as a point of contact for external auditors.
- Take overall responsibility for the management of financial details to ensure that legal requirements are met.
- Manage, mentor and motivate the finance team.
- Review the financial reports and seek ways to reduce company costs.
- Find expansion opportunities and maximise profits though the analysis of market trends.
- Propose solutions to identified risks, and effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Lead the team members responsible for accounting, payroll, VAT and HMRC processes.
- Supervise the research into factors influencing business performance and report on these.
- Control the preparation and interpretation of statutory accounts and present your findings.
- Drive the continuous improvement of end to end accounting practices.
Your day-to-day duties as the Financial Controller will include:
- The capability to turn complex data into logical formats.
- Thorough and methodical attention to detail.
- Be commercially savvy and have business awareness.
- The ability to prioritise and have good time management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Have an analytical approach to your work.
- Possess sound technical skills and a high level of numeracy.
- Use your initiative, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate positivity, approachability and have an investigative nature.
- Adaptable to change and possess a willingness to embrace innovative ideas and new processes.
- Be able to make quick but rational decisions under pressure.
- Excellent team management skills and strong leadership qualities.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
The essential qualifications:
- A minimum 5 years' occupational experience in a Finance Manager or Financial Accountancy role and,
- Fully qualified Accountant
Skills we are lookign for:
- Exceptional technical accounting knowledge.
- A high-level of presenting skills and interpretation of financial information.
- The ability to advise co-workers and stakeholders of any financial changes affecting the business.
- Assertive analysis of market trends and competitors.
- Experience in conducting reviews and evaluation of cost-reduction opportunities.
- Highly competent in managing financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- The ability to develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, such as Auditors, Solicitors, Bankers and Statutory Organisations such as the Inland Revenue.
- The ability to produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines.
- Extensive working knowledge of financial regulations and legislation.
- Be able to predict future trends, monitor cash flow and maintain budgets.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.