Your new company
This is a successful FMCG business, with a turnover in excess of £200m. The business has grown significantly over the last few years. It is part of the Multinational Group that is very supportive of the UK business, providing significant ongoing capital investment. Due to this growth, they are looking for a financial controller to join the team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
- Acting as a role model for all agreed people management practices, managing, guiding and coaching direct reports whilst demonstrating best practice at all times
- Responsible for good clean Statutory Audit of Limited companies
- Responsible for Year-end tax computations
- Monthly closing of FI within SAP, including reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for Company Insurance
- Responsibility for credit control, purchase ledger, bank and cash processes
- Fixed asset control / reporting in SAP
- Statutory reporting to Companies House
- Company secretarial duties, as required
- Capital appraisal as required
- Building effective relationships with Management teams and participating in Senior Management team meetings
- Ensure finance team are trained to the required standards, ensuring development plans are in place to facilitate this.
- Provide development plans for team members where appropriate
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 10 year post qualified experience from ACCA / ACA or CIMA
- Experience in a Senior Finance role
- Experience of working in a FMCG business
- Up-to-date knowledge of financial reporting legislation
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Personally Effective – excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and delegate
- Ability to seek out, manage and influence opportunities for continuous improvement and change
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved
- The ability to lead the Finance Team to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage.
What you'll get in return
There is a competitive salary on offer of up to £100k plus bonus scheme. There is private health care for you and your family. Contributory pension of 10%-15%, depending on length of service. 4 times death in service. On-site parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.