Your new company
A National Financial Services provider looking for an Investment Reporting Control Accountant to join their team
Your new role
- Calculate unit pricing for each of their investment funds.
- General ledger and journal ownership for areas related to investments
- Maintain qualitative and quantitative understanding of treasury, fund performance and asset management charges.
- Help roll out planned key process enhancements, moving from process design to BAU
- Leverage systems to automate functions which are currently manual
- Reconciliations – perform daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations including investment systems and general ledgers.
- Work closely with Finance Control manager and Team leader to close month end
- Reporting – Provide monthly reporting and ad hoc reporting/information to management.
- Payments – Manually processing both UK and foreign payments.
- Update and prepare valuation reports.
- Provide support and cover for other members of the Finance department.
- Ensure appropriate procedures and controls are documented and up to date.
- Working with and as part of wider finance control team, including ad hoc support where required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in a unit pricing environment for a life insurer or professional services provider including hands-on systems experience with an Investment System
- Good understanding of the key participants in the trade and pricing lifecycle for unit linked funds
- Good working knowledge of the post trade operating environment including; corporate actions, asset servicing, cash settlement reconciliations and fund accounting and reporting
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts including journal posting gained through fund/ investment accounting experience
- Strong reconciliation experience including; control account reconciliations, trade and settlement reconciliations, variance analysis and root cause analysis
What you'll get in return
This role is paying £65-80,000 DOE plus other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.