In a nutshell
Are you a tax professional looking to accelerate your career in a firm that supports your development?
Joining our Trust tax team, you’ll help to provide a first-class tax compliance service to our personal tax clients, including trust and HNWIs clients.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Look after a portfolio of trust cases, as well as high net worth individuals.
- Draft reports and letters providing tax advice including IHT planning, residence and domicile, UK trusts.
- Undertake CGT advice on property, shares etc and preparing CGT 30-day reporting for UK residential property.
- Provide compliance services including preparing self-assessment tax returns and computations.
- Provide Trust and IHT compliance services.
- Request, collate and maintain client information.
- Correspond and deal confidently with client enquires.
- Maintain direct contact with clients, HMRC, solicitors, other accountancy, law and professional services firms, in the delivery of an excellent client service.
- Previous experience in a tax compliance role and drafting reports.
- ATT or CTA qualified (or equivalent) with up-to-date technical knowledge.
- Understanding of compliance standards imposed by the various regulatory authorities for tax.
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines – particularly during the January tax return season.
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care, with the ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
Why work at PKF Francis Clark
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have nine offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has annual revenue of over £55 million and a 900-strong team based across our offices. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be. In September 2022, PKF Francis Clark was certified as a Great Place to Work. In February 2023 we were ranked as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (40th out of 79 among large organisations). We work hard to ensure that ours is a culture where you can be yourself, develop and be part of a forward-thinking team that makes brilliant things happen.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits
• Group life assurance - up to four times your core salary
• Group income protection
• Health cash plan to help cover the costs of everyday healthcare
Health & Wellbeing benefits:
• Option to buy 5 extra days holiday*
• Counselling and support for you and your immediate family
• Virtual GP for you and your immediate family
• Cycle to work*
• Medicash Extras providing you with shopping and gym discounts
• Bonuses for career and family milestones
• One volunteering day per year to support local organisations
• Emergency funding from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation
* These benefits are provided via a salary exchange and are subject to employee’s post exchange hourly rate remaining above the national minimum wage.