The world of Treasury and Commodities is changing. With ever changing business, financial, and regulatory environments our clients are asking for ever more challenging support. Our expertise includes advice on technology/ trading enablement solutions, system architecture, financial instruments, risk management, hedging strategies and derivatives, and helping clients set up and improve their operational and risk management functions.
PwC's Treasury and Commodities team provides a full range of commodities support to clients across non-bank financial services businesses, trading businesses and leading multinational corporations. Our teams provide these specialist services across a wide geographical area, including the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
In the UK, we have the Global Firms largest concentration of expertise including those with a background as Business Analysts, Treasurers, Risk Managers, Traders, IT Specialists and Finance professionals.About The Role
We are embarking on a number of ETRM (Energy Trading Risk Management) programmes with our clients to modernise their system landscape.
If you are a lead business analyst with a proven ability to deliver business process and IT solutions in commodities/ energy trading, this role will provide you with an opportunity to shape a greenfield, or upgrade, Endur implementation. In turn, you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge across the trade lifecycle, for different commodities. You will be able to enhance your network of Endur delivery capabilities with a number of PwC's leading energy clients. Responsibilities
Your role will vary depending on your specific areas of expertise and our clients' needs, however you will typically perform the following day to day activities:
- Planning, delivery, and assurance of your workstream's business analysis deliverables.
- Driving and managing scope and design for a workstream, including assessing the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Acting as a point of escalation for issues within your workstream.
- Experience of leading teams.
- Coaching and mentoring of the wider business analysis team.
- You will lead innovative approaches to existing problems and new opportunities.
- Stakeholder management - building relationships with key stakeholders, keeping them informed and managing expectations.
- Sound analytical skills and change management capabilities,
We are a supportive and cooperative team, committed to helping our people develop. We empower and trust our people to work independently, providing coaching and guidance as needed. We work closely with other teams within PwC and you will be encouraged to develop a network of relationships with clients and more broadly across the firm. You'll work as part of a team and may also have the opportunity to travel within the UK and abroad, as we provide services to many multinational companies.
Our team is a great place to work for those who are looking for an exciting new challenge and who enjoy working with varied and interesting clients across the assurance and advisory domains.Required Skills
As a Senior Manager BA you will require the following skills, experience and knowledge:
- Experience of energy trading markets, with a strong understanding of one of the following markets essential: European Power, European Gas and/ or Environmental products.
- Track record of end-to-end project lifecycle, particularly in Agile project delivery.
- Experience in shaping processes and solutions, including capturing business problems, value drivers, and functional/ non-functional requirements.
- A working knowledge of trade lifecycle across different trading instruments, including:
- Physical trading and operations
- OTC - Including forwards, swaps, and simple options
- Exchange traded futures & options
The skills we look for in future employees
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Hands-on configuration experience of ETRM/ CTRM applications, in particular Endur.
- Technical configuration including scripting (highly desirable).
- Detailed knowledge the following functional areas:
- Trade capture - complex deal modelling and pricing
- Market Risk
- Risk Valuation
- Back-Office processes
- Accounting processes
- Systems Integration
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture: www.pwc.com/uk/diversity