We have an exciting opportunity to join our Specialist Tax Advisory Team. We are recruiting for an experienced Tax Director to join our expanding team in Cheshire. Candidates will be responsible for providing high quality tax advice and planning opportunities to our wide and diverse client base. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of corporate & business taxes at an advisory level, in particular knowledge and experience of corporate restructuring and reorganisations, corporate transactions / due diligence, R&D, share schemes etc. Knowledge of personal and capital taxes is also expected.
Successful candidates will be expected to work autonomously, undertake business development and networking, and assist with the growth of the tax advisory offering of the firm in Cheshire and the surrounding areas.
Manage an allocated client portfolio ensuring quality in accordance with Tax Standards, delivering in line with budgetary expectations.
The job includes but is not limited to:
Manage allocated portfolio
- Ensure client assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Work collaboratively with the wider tax team, utilising resource effectively to maximise client service
- To provide high level consultancy services to clients
- Researching specialist tax issues as required and formulating solutions
- Facilitate planning meeting, agreeing timetable of the scope of work
- Liaise with Client Co-ordinator, ensuring staff resource is effectively planned and utilised in line with client priorities
Build and maintain client relationships
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships, ensuring awareness of their requirements
- Recognise and respond to clients’ business needs, providing quality advice on all aspects of assignments
- Lead client meetings, identifying potential opportunities in line with service proposition
- Regular client contact, developing trusting, credible and productive relationships
- Deliver feedback, facilitating coaching to maximise performance
- Actively contribute to staff performance process, providing feedback in line with personal objectives to maximise capability and identify talent
- Develop and implement improvements in working practises, driving wider team efficiencies
- Empowers team through appropriate delegation and effective people management
Leadership and business development
- Consistently seeking internal improvement, presenting opportunities to senior leadership
- Demonstrates commitment to Firm’s ongoing strategic direction, communicating and adapting to change
- Manage margins effectively to drive profitability
- Successful engagement of new clients
- Identify changes in UK Tax legislation and how they affect clients and promoting new advisory projects
- Be CTA qualified or be ACA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 10 years tax advisory experience.
- Have knowledge of corporate tax in an advisory role
- Have experience of corporate restructuring and reorganisations, corporate transactions, due diligence, R&D and share schemes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can work autonomously and be responsible for the delivery of high-quality tax advice and planning
What’s in it for you?
- We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including hybrid & flexible working, birthday leave, professional subscription and much more!