Your new company
Well-known Financial Services Business based in Medway are looking for a head of financial planning and analysis to lead their lead the Group Cost Partnering team in providing comprehensive Group cost analysis to senior management, the Executive team and the Board. In this role, you will drive the evolution of Cost Partnering, enhancing reporting, analysis and insights from budgetary and spend data.
Your new role
- Lead the Group Cost Partnering team & processes including monthly reporting, budget planning and analysis.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and Cost budget owners, which includes arranging, preparing material for and leading monthly/periodic stakeholder meetings to update on the latest financial position. Challenging cost owners on the latest results as necessary and highlighting risks to budget.
- Drive the Cost Partnering function forward to improve reporting discipline, analysis and insights that may be derived from budgetary and spend data in order to mature the financial management of the department.
- Develop detailed understanding of the Group cost base, drive education of the team and team knowledge sharing. Be able to explain the financial position to both Finance and non-Finance professionals.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining cost allocation models to the business for input into key processes.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Investor Relations providing key information for external announcements, input, as required, into external reports and ad-hoc analysis for investor/analyst enquiries
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Finance professional with experience of working in a financial services arena (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Previous experience of management accounting and preparation of financial management commentaries is essential
- Previous experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting is essential
- Previous experience managing a small team
- A thorough practical understanding of management accounting principles and techniques is essential
What you'll get in return
The Head of Financial Planning and Analysis is paying £75-90,000 DOE plus bonus and other great benefits. Hybrid working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career, you can reach me on 01622 235682 or