Job Title: Senior Qualified Accountant
Location: Harrow, UK
Salary: Up to £55,000 (depending on experience)
Monday to Friday - 09:00 - 18:00
- Our client are seeking a Senior Qualified Accountant who will lead the finance team and be the backbone of our clients' financial operations, ensuring the accuracy, compliance, and efficiency of their accounting functions. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- HMRC Statutory Filing: Meeting all monthly/quarterly and year-end statutory accounting deadlines, including year-end financial accounts, quarterly/monthly VAT returns, CIS returns, and Payroll.
- Xero Accounting System: Ensuring accuracy and completeness of all financial accounting records in Xero. Key tasks include being responsible for all sales invoices, fixed asset register, bank transactions, purchase invoices, journal adjustments (depreciation, accruals, prepayments, wages etc), intercompany transactions and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Year-End Accounts: Preparing year-end accounts to TB level for statutory filing, including journal adjustments, account reconciliations, accurate accounting disclosures and compliance with HMRC requirements.
- Property Management Integration: Managing the accounting elements of Arthur Online property management software, including integration with Xero, financial updates, and collaboration with the property management team.
- Cash Flow Management: Ensuring proper cash treasury management of bank balances across the group, including cash flow budgeting, forecasting, surplus vs deficit and advising the board on liquidity management.
- Mortgage & Loan Financing: Handling remortgages, new loan financing, bank funding submissions, liaising with external funders to provide the financial analysis (development projections etc) and reports as required, and opening new bank accounts as needed.
- Management Accounts: Preparing monthly management accounts for the Kings Oak group of companies for presentation to the board. Preparing tailored monthly management reporting packs for external funders.
- Payables and Service Charges: Managing payables procedures, credit terms negotiations, payment runs, and managing all service charge budgets and accounting.
- Receivables: Managing rent receivable procedures, credit term negotiations, ensuring accurate aged receivable reports are available, and implementing procedures for timely collection/recording of all rental income.
- Bank Funding Submissions: To manage the monthly/bi-weekly bank funding submissions for construction development drawdown requests, i.e. liaise with the Project Monitoring Surveyor (PMS) to check valuation reports; reconcile monies received vs requested and investigate discrepancies.
- Financial Modelling and Analysis: Evaluate potential investment opportunities by providing detailed reports covering ROI, funding requirements, profitability etc. for internal presentation to the board of directors.
- Budgeting and Variance Analysis: Develop and manage the various budgets across the business, including service charges, construction development, and company-specific operational budgets. Providing variance analysis and commentary/recommendations for cost reduction etc
- Process Improvements: Continuously observing and evaluating the current accounting procedures, suggesting improvements, and implementing industry-standard robust accounting controls, i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable etc
- Team Development: Encouraging and training team members to deliver exceptional standards and service while overseeing the accounting department.
• Professional Accountancy Qualification is a must. (applications will not be selected if they are not qualified)
• Xero Certified
• Proficiency in Excel
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Experience in real estate investment, property management, and property development/construction is highly desirable.
• They are seeking someone for the long term for the next 5–10 years to join and grow the company
The company are experiencing rapid growth and are building a team to be a part of this exciting journey. They have a dedicated small team of professionals committed to excellence.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary: Up to £55,000 pa (depending on experience)
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Performance-Based Bonus (not guaranteed but discretionary)
- Quarterly team building events
- Monthly office lunches
And finally, the opportunity to be part of a growing company's success.
Other things to note: This is an office-based role. Full time Mon-Fr 9am-6pm. Involves managing the current finance staff (1 office based + 1 offshore based).
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.