Do you have a commercial focus, are a strong team player, inquisitive and proactive by nature, have strong attention to detail and hold a degree in accounting?
Would you like to work for a leading provider of counterparty risk appraisal and commercial diligence reports?
For over 20 years, Infospectrum has been the flagship provider of independent counterparty risk appraisal reports and ratings, due diligence research, KYC intelligence, and dynamic supporting solutions; Infospectrum’s work is integral to risk management, compliance, and trade approval procedures within the shipping, commodities, and energy trading markets.
Alongside a first-class client services team, we are trusted by clients worldwide to deliver informed, critical insight when it is needed. Our team is truly dynamic, collectively drawing upon long-term experience across diverse backgrounds, sectors, disciplines, and language skills. The company prides itself on a long-term track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining highly skilled and motivated professionals.
Due to our ongoing growth, we now have a requirement to recruit a Financial Data Analyst in our UK (Oxford/London) offices. As a Financial Data Analyst, the key focus of your role will be to ensure that our internal database systems are accurately maintained and up to date with company financial information extracted from financial statements.
You will read, interpret, and analyse financial statements and corresponding notes to the accounts of public and private companies adhering to different accounting standards. You will understand and interpret the different structures of financial statements according to different business models constructing the numerical narrative by extracting key financial figures, calculating relevant ratios and provide accurate analytics.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to assimilate, interpret, record, and analyse financial accounts data accurately and efficiently.
- A strong understanding of accounting terms and the ability to analyse financial statements.
- An inquisitive, proactive attitude coupled with the ability to process sensitive financial data with high precision and accuracy, maintaining the full integrity of the figures for key decision-making.
- The ability to be a strong team player, interact with analyst colleagues in the UK and across the globe and build effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A keenness to further develop an understanding of financial accounting and the maritime and commodities industries.
- Enthusiasm to learn and understand complex systems, processes, and the mechanics of a business.
- Excellent written English and a good grasp of English grammar.
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows skills.
- You will hold a minimum 2.1 accounting/Finance degree or equivalent professional qualification (AAT CIMA, ACA, ACCA). Ideally, you will have knowledge and understanding of the commercial structures in the maritime and commodities sector.
In return, we will offer you:
A friendly, diverse, and collaborative culture, with a hard-working yet supportive working environment where geographical distance is no barrier to close ties between offices, teams, and colleagues.
Highly practical training, learning and development opportunities, which may see your career progressing at Infospectrum for the long term.
A competitive salary which is reviewed annually and a comprehensive benefits package with current highlights including:
- A hybrid work model
- Private health insurance, including optical and dental cover.
- A comprehensive bonus scheme.
- Life assurance and disability cover
This role is based in the UK and to be able to apply candidates need to have the right to live and work in the UK.