Your new company
- This firm are a team of chartered accountants based in Guildford, Surrey who offer strategic accounting, tax and business solutions for ambitious owner-managed businesses.
- They have a friendly and supportive team, a diverse and interesting client base, and a passion for helping businesses achieve their goals.
Your new role
- Plan, perform and complete risk-based audits for a diverse portfolio of clients, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, auditing standards and relevant regulations.
- Prepare statutory accounts and draft tax computations for clients, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Supervise, coach and review the work of junior audit and accounts staff, providing feedback and guidance.
- Communicate effectively with clients, managers and partners, resolving any issues and queries in a timely manner.
- Identify and report any audit findings, risks and recommendations to the management and clients, and follow up on the implementation of agreed actions.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of audit and accounts processes, procedures and systems.
- Keep up to date with the latest accounting and auditing developments and best practices.
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in audit and accounts, preferably in a practice environment.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, principles and practices.
- Proficient in using accounting and auditing software and tools.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Flexible working hours and arrangements.
- Opportunity to work remotely or in a hybrid.
- Exposure to a variety of clients and industries.
- Onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.