We are currently looking for a Senior in the Private Client Tax Advisory department of our Heathrow Office.
This is an excellent opportunity to build on your current skills and experience and be an integral part of the Private Client Tax team. You will be joining a friendly established team and can expect full support and continued training and development, as you continue your career journey.
This role is part of Craig's team. If you would like to find out more about him, please read here.
Why join Menzies?
- We are a UK based recognised employer of choice with office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire, and South Wales (Cardiff).
- Join our family of 500 employees. Be a member and not just a number!
- We offer a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors
- Our package and benefits are very competitive
- Work life balance is part of our organisational culture,
- We believe in developing our staff throughout their career
Key Benefits we offer, but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary (we do yearly market research to ensure we offer a competitive salary to our employees and joining candidates)
- 33 days annual leave entitlement a year inc. bank holidays (31.5 days for trainees)
- Annual buy and sell leave scheme
- Private Medical Cover available to all employees (trainees can opt in for a salary sacrifice)
- Private Pension Matching Scheme: if employee contributes 2.5-5%, we match it and add another 3% on top!
- Employee Referral Bonus up to £10,000 for a successful placement
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Dress for your day policy – you decide, not us!
- Life Assurance 4x your salary
- Group Income Protection – 75% of salary if long term sickness exceeds 6 months
- Agile Working is embedded in our culture: we understand that everyone works in different ways and need flexibility within their working day
- Learning and Development opportunities and Study Support throughout your Menzies career
- Career Coaching programme for Managers and above
- Better Place to Work Initiative: proactive benchmarking of the best DEI and wellbeing programmes to offer our employees and improve our employee experience
- CSR Programme: each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise funds and give back to the local community.
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees and their families. As well as being a support line for mental health counselling, it also offers practical financial, legal and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
- Paid sick leave – a generous scheme to help you when you are struggling with health issues
- Free flu jab, eyesight test and physical health checks
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Parental + Family Leave: We are a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 6 weeks, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility). We also have Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
- Volunteering Scheme with a maximum of 2.5 days given by the Firm to match 2.5 days devoted to qualifying schemes by the employee in any 12-month period.
- Season Ticket Loan
To find out more about our benefits please read here
Your primary role will involve managing a portfolio personal tax returns. Preparing complex personal tax returns and review simpler tax returns prepared by junior members of the team. You will be the primary point of contact for most of the clients in their portfolio.
- Preparing complex personal tax returns
- Managing a portfolio of personal tax clients, ensuring key deadlines are met.
- Assist junior team members with training queries.
- Reviewing simple tax returns reviewed by junior members.
- Identify advisory opportunities to refer to members of the advisory team.
- Manage client relationships.
- Assist with wider compliance obligations of the tax team. This may expand to include CGT returns & calculations, IHT returns, trust regulations, etc.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required, including assisting with advisory work in a range of areas, e.g., residency/ domicile issues / property issues/ IHT, trusts & estates.
- Working with SME clients at a mid-tier UK accounting firm
The successful candidate will be passionate about working with clients and supporting with their tax affairs as this is vital for the role to be successful. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and support more junior staff.
- ATT & CTA qualified
- Good technical tax knowledge and experience in preparing complex personal tax returns.
- Proven experience in managing a large compliance portfolio
- Ideally would have experience of dealing with non-dom and non-resident personal tax clients.
- Experience of looking after own client allocation for the annual compliance cycle
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and provide excellent client care
- Demonstrable experience of working with complex tax returns
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Communicates with confidence, leveraging support from more senior colleagues when needed
- Delegates to seniors and trainees as and when appropriate
- Self-manages work and prioritises workload effectively
- Has a solutions-based approach to their work, with confidence to make suggestions for review with more senior staff.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated, and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies, we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CVs as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.