Your new company
Exclusive role! My client is a small and privately owned firm of Chartered Accountants based in Surrey. They boast a small but close-knit team of qualified accountants and a loyal and diverse client base. They are looking for a Qualified Accountant to join their team in either a full-time or part-time capacity, with a split of roughly 70% Tax and 30% Accounts work. There is an opportunity for progression at the firm, through to Senior Manager and Director. The team work predominantly remotely, however, some office attendance will be required for the first 4 to 6 weeks for embedding into the team, with occasional meet-ups for social aspects of the role.
Your new role
- Manage a portfolio of clients, predominantly UK personal tax focussed, with a few non-resident clients, for self-assessment returns and tax & income planning
- This will include share schemes, CGT, P11ds, ATED, entrepreneurs relief and more.
- Clients are sole traders, limited companies, partnerships, LLPs, Directors etc
- Limited company accounts FRS 105 and FRS 1025 and corporation tax returns
- VAT support as needed for groups, partial exemption, EC Sales for goods and services
- Clients range from £150k to £1.5mln and are local businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Clients are on online accounting platforms such as Sage Cloud, QuickBooks, Xero as wells as desktop software platforms such as Sage 50, QuickBooks and IRIS
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant, ACCA or AAT or similar, with a predominant tax focus and the ability to prepare accounts as needed. This is more of a general practice role, than a personal tax-focussed position. IRIS experience would be beneficial to reduce training time.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary dependent on experience up to £70,000. Hybrid working options are available after training, and the team works predominantly remotely with ad hoc meet-ups once a month. More information on application
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.