Your new company
Our international, multi-office boutique client has carved an exceptional reputation in Expert work. Experts often have Global Thought Leader status in WWL and the firm is renowned in specialisms such as Valuations, International Arbitration, Commercial Disputes and Delay.
Frequently competing with the Big 4 and large multinational advisory firms, our client is introducing a new pillar to its Forensic services, that of Fraud, Investigations and Compliance. With a UK Fraud Partner now in place, further Partners will be gradually added on a global basis, including in DC which is currently the largest office in the firm.
Your new role
A #2 to the UK partner has been appointed and will be joining later this year, so the firm are now keen to additionally appoint an established Senior Investigations Manager. Perhaps you feels overshadowed by your firm size/brand or there is a misalignment of firm strategy to what you would like to develop if you had carte blanche? Or perhaps you\'ve begun to develop a network of lawyers, but find yourself overly utilised and not able to properly capitalise on it?
Either way, this will be the ideal balance of learning from seasoned and well-regarded mentors in your field, continuing to hone your skills on incoming project flow, yet also being given the non-chargeable time - and mentoring to go with it - to expand your contacts and derive maximum commercial benefit from those you have.
Projects are likely to include , inter alia:
- complex multi-jurisdictional issues
- bribery and corruption
- financial misrepresentation
- money laundering & sanctions
- market abuse
- cyber fraud
- employee misconduct
- procurement fraud
- theft of intellectual property
- third-party risk
Promotion and timing thereof will be 100% on merit, and you\'ll be aided by a "slipstream" of promotion happening above you as well.
What you\'ll need to succeed
This is a role with a clear Partner track. In person therefore you\'ll be:
- Experienced to at least Senior Manager level in UK Forensic Investigations/Fraud
- In Practice right now (or having exited up to a year ago but missing the fee-earning environment) within the UK
- Ambitious (yes we know it\'s an overused word but honestly here you\'ll see it rewarded in full)
- Already participating in networking events/fraud fora and off the starting blocks building a referrer/lawyer network (even if that has yet to produce fees for you.)
- Motivated by being in on the ground floor of a challenger function in the Fraud market
What you\'ll get in return
- Mentoring when you need it, freedom to make your own decisions when you don\'t
- Influencing the strategy of a newly-formed service-line
- Natural progression both through merit and the "slipstream" effect of succession-planning
- Big 4/major global firm equivalent package with bonuses to match
- The ideal foundation from which to build "brand you" as well as the firm\'s
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.