Your new company
Our client is proud to be an employer of choice within their industry sector and is attracting and retaining the best people by investing in their development and success, as well as creating a great place to work which embraces diversity and inclusion.
Despite the well-publicised issues with the economy, last financial year they produced a gross profit of more than £1.1 billion.
Your new role
This role sits within the operations team, which oversees regions / operating divisions and a number of group functions. This team reports directly to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer / Chief Operating Officer. It can be a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines, but ultimately, you are part of a high-performing team that is well respected within the business.
You will deal with all functions across the business and will need to develop a substantial network in order to be effective in the role. Combined with this, the role requires a keen eye for detail, a constant need for further understanding and an ability to pull together a number of issues to produce valuable insight.
A pivotal role is to produce internal reports and presentations for the executive board members.
Responsible for the financial analysis of short and long term data; identifying business impacts and issues; highlighting key trends and anomalies in order to improve the quality and availability of information from the systems, in order to enable change and continuous business improvement.
- Preparation of internal presentations and reports for the Group Operations Financial Controller and Deputy CEO/Chief Operating Officer.
- Oversee weekly reporting processes for operations for use by senior management.
- Preparation of weekly sales reporting KPI's and understanding of current market drivers.
- Preparation of monthly board reports and senior management information packs to a highly professional standard, to be used at senior management meetings.
- Preparation of monthly reporting requirements, including review of actual results and forecasts.
- Management of information collection and consolidation for operations to drive appropriate action.
- Financial analysis of short and long term forecasts including profit & loss, balance sheets, and cash flows, identifying business impacts and issues, highlighting key trends and anomalies.
- Delivering ad hoc requests to senior management and the Executive Board.
- Preparation and analysis of data for City presentations and results announcements.
- Constant review of current reporting and processes and the ability to drive change where needed.
- Provide data and recommendations to enable focus on driving the business to improve.
- Working closely with other functions around the business and providing opinions and challenge as necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant (c.3 to 5 years post qualification) or equivalent experience if business analyst.
- Proven ability to focus on driving the business to improve and to challenge figures and current ways of operating, examine root cause of issues and focus on good evidence and facts, to present findings in a highly professional manner
- Able to work within a team and independently with limited guidance.
- Preferably experienced in financial modelling whilst working in either a commercial or financial institution.
- Preferably experienced at writing senior level reports.
- Proven understanding of the interaction of profit and loss accounts to Balance Sheets and cashflow/funding.
- Significant experience with Excel and comfortable with PowerPoint.
- Diligent, can think across financial review and reports ensuring consistency.
- Approachable and able to work well with colleagues in finance and other disciplines.
- Capable of thinking clearly when under pressure.
- Resilient, energised style.
- Well-organised, focused on meeting deadlines and able to manage shifting priorities.
- Comfortable in dealing with a high volume of communication via email and video calls.
What you'll get in return
- 37.5 hours per week – standard hours 9am to 5:30pm – 1 hour lunch
- Salary = £50,000 to £60,000
- Bonus scheme = 10%
- Private medical scheme – Single Cover
- 26 days' holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years' continuous service up to 29 days)
- Choice of flexible benefits
- Enhanced family friendly policies
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.