Hays is recruiting an Audit Manager for a well-established firm of accountants, based in King's Lynn
You will join a team which includes highly qualified individuals who provide a helpful, professional, honest and caring service to a wide range of clients, which in turn helps them navigate their business and personal finances. You will build strong relationships with your clients and will require enthusiasm, determination and a strong work ethic. The principles of equality and diversity play an integral part in the firm's recruitment and retention of trainees, accountants and support staff, and in the promotion of talented individuals.
The successful candidate will lead the firm's audit area in their delivery of an exceptional audit and assurance service. You will be responsible for overseeing the audit process, delivering management reports and recommendations to clients, and maintaining technical standards. Additionally, you will mentor the junior members of the team, it will be your responsibility to brief staff on any ongoing business and help develop staff members, whilst ensuring work is completed to strict deadlines.
- Delegating workflow, reviewing work, and providing coaching to manage and develop junior members of the audit staff to help them reach their full potential
- Reporting audit findings
- Ensuring the team's audit documentation meets the highest standards, reviewing financial statements to ensure they comply with relevant regulations
- Managing audit engagements, demonstrating a commercial approach and effective use of resources
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
Skills & Experience
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Audit experience in a management capacity within an accountancy firm
- Strong IT skills with experience using IRIS is preferable
- People management experience
- Proven experience in client handling
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to delivering an excellent service
- An innate drive to ensure the value and integrity of the business is always upheld.
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Competitive salary plus additional benefits subject to experience
- 25-day holiday, plus bank holidays
- Salary sacrifice available for pension contributions
- Life Assurance (death in service)
- Sick Pay after qualifying period
- Employee Benefits Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free car parking
- Length of service recognition
- Company social events are paid for or subsidised by the firm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.