Forensic Advisory Services (FAS) is a division of Sedgwick International that specialises in the quantification of business interruption and financial losses. We regularly partner with global insurers, re-insurers and captives to assist in settling insurance claims. Our experts are regularly engaged by the legal profession to assist in a wide range of contentious matters and disputes.
Due to our continued success, we have an exciting opportunity for newly qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA accountants to join our highly successful UK-wide FAS team as Forensic Accountants / Business Interruption Loss Adjusters.
This isn’t your average desk job, as you’ll have the opportunity to travel across the UK, attending site visits, helping businesses back on their feet after a challenging event. You will see first-hand how your accounting expertise and advice will positively impact businesses and you’ll play a key part in the success and development of FAS. You will work closely with the Directors and Managers of FAS and with Major and Complex Loss adjusters on a broad range of financial losses and be responsible for detailed financial analysis required on each claim.
In addition, you’ll attend client meetings, participate in business development supporting the senior managers. With rapid expansion your success will only be limited to your own drive to achieve. This role represents a brilliant opportunity for a confident, capable and well-rounded individual to take their career to the next level by being on the front line of claims handling.
You can be based at any one of our UK offices 2-3 days per week. Many of our colleagues now benefit from working flexibly between the office and home, which helps support a healthy work/life balance. When you do spend time in our office, you will not only have the opportunity to train directly under the supervision of FAS managers and Directors but you will also experience bright and open surroundings which offer excellent areas for collaboration as well as desk space. It’s an ideal environment for working alongside and interacting with fellow colleagues.
You will have / will be:
- A professionally qualified accountant, either CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Experience within the audit practice or in the Insurance or Loss Adjusting arena or for a similar type of business would be advantageous
- The ability to review a claim from all angles and clearly justify/support your own models of financial loss
- Advanced MS Excel
- Commercial acumen
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Experience with interpreting policies would be an advantage
- An awareness of the FCA and how it relates to your role within the business
- An appreciation of confidentiality and the Data Protection Act 1998 relative to your role
- Comfortable working in a flexible working environment, and prepared to travel and work as the caseload requires
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly numerate and competent in the use of spreadsheets and transaction histories
- Foreign languages advantageous.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Many of our vacancies offer the opportunity to work flexibly, whether from office and/or home
- Healthcare scheme
- A Self Invested Personal Pension Scheme
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Discounts on various products and services
- Employee assistance programme for employee wellbeing
- Life assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Voluntary benefits – dental cover, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, wellbeing and digital GP app
Working at Sedgwick
Our company is a place where creative and caring people of all backgrounds can be challenged, grow as individuals, and feel a higher purpose in the unique value they bring and the difference they make in the lives of others. We celebrate our differences; cultivating uniqueness and belonging allows us to connect with our consumers on a personal level, understand our clients’ needs, support the communities in which we operate, and perform at our best.
We’re passionate and understanding about our colleagues – so we have built flexibility into our colleague working model. If you wish to work from home, split your working time between the home and office or change your hours so you can collect your children or care for someone in your family, we’re supportive of that. As a flexible employer, we’re happy to discuss options that take into consideration your personal needs for this position during your interview.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to: ID document verification, credit check, address verification, employment verification, employment gap verification, UK DBS, UK financial regulator search, anti-money laundering search, directorship search and global watch list check.
Sedgwick is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.